Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furys belt collection is getting silly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by denium View Post
    It's never been done before.
    I'm sure Ali is a 3x ring champ and 4 or 5x ring FOTY.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      2 ring world titles. 2 ring FOTY. That's legendary sh** tbf.

      Don't know for sure but I'm guessing Ali is the only other HW to have achieved that.
      We're praising Fury for being stripped now?

      Plenty have won more than two fighter of the years from ring. Plenty have won more than two ring title fights.

      Kinda like Pac's 8 divisions innit?

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        We're praising Fury for being stripped now?

        Plenty have won more than two fighter of the years from ring. Plenty have won more than two ring title fights.

        Kinda like Pac's 8 divisions innit?
        Heavyweights? It's only Fury and Ali. Maybe Patterson did it as well, I'm not 100% sure though.

        If in the 100 year history of the ring only two maybe 3 have done it, it has to be impressive, no?

        Comment


        • #24
          If you'd have told me the clumsy kid who punched himself in the face on ITV would achieve what he's achieved I'd have said you're the biggest fool on the planet.

          Fair play to Tyson, he's done amazing to achieve what he has.

          Comment


          • #25
            I love how he's put his signature smack bang in the centre of someone's painting

            [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Heavyweights? It's only Fury and Ali. Maybe Patterson did it as well, I'm not 100% sure though.

              If in the 100 year history of the ring only two maybe 3 have done it, it has to be impressive, no?
              That's fair on the FOTY, yes it is, and yes both those performances are impressive. About 1/3 the HW champs become FOTY twice or more.

              The x2 champ though is less so. He won both of his two title fights and got stripped between them for sitting on ass. No, no one ever did that before. Plenty have more than two title fights though. That's the one that's a bit Pacish because it's alone but it's also a bit of semantics. Especially from a lot who talks so much about never losing X in the ring.

              FOTY x2 or more:
              Louis
              Marciano
              Charles
              Patterson
              Johanson
              Ali
              Frazier
              Foreman
              Tyson
              Holyfield

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                That's fair on the FOTY, yes it is, and yes both those performances are impressive. About 1/3 the HW champs become FOTY twice or more.

                The x2 champ though is less so. He won both of his two title fights and got stripped between them for sitting on ass. No, no one ever did that before. Plenty have more than two title fights though. That's the one that's a bit Pacish because it's alone but it's also a bit of semantics. Especially from a lot who talks so much about never losing X in the ring.

                FOTY x2 or more:
                Louis
                Marciano
                Charles
                Patterson
                Johanson
                Ali
                Frazier
                Foreman
                Tyson
                Holyfield
                Thanks for the info March, very interesting.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Agreed.

                  I hope Bob makes sure that's it's a fair fight. We all know that AJ is usually allowed to call his own breaks.
                  That referee in the first Ruiz fight didn't get the memo that Joshua is allowed to hang out and rest on the ropes as long as he wants after a knockdown and 8 count.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Thanks for the info March, very interesting.
                    Any idea if he displays his lesser titles in another case? I quite like the BBBoC, commonwealth, and EBU belts. Historically respectable. Guys like Langford, Godfrey, Gains, you know, dudes who probably would have been world champ if the world champ fought them.

                    If there is any pretense title that bugs me being a pretense title it's the BE titles. Especially Langford. If I was Fury I'd be proud to hold both Langford and Johnson's titles. That's pretty ****ing cool.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      Any idea if he displays his lesser titles in another case? I quite like the BBBoC, commonwealth, and EBU belts. Historically respectable. Guys like Langford, Godfrey, Gains, you know, dudes who probably would have been world champ if the world champ fought them.

                      If there is any pretense title that bugs me being a pretense title it's the BE titles. Especially Langford. If I was Fury I'd be proud to hold both Langford and Johnson's titles. That's pretty ****ing cool.

                      I'm not sure tbh, I know he used to keep the IBF hidden in a draw at the bottom.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP