Why AJ vs Fury is more lucrative than Mayweather vs Pacman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why AJ vs Fury is more lucrative than Mayweather vs Pacman

American sports fans/media have created this fallacy & narrative that you’ve to a big name in America or American sports to be mega rich. However, when you look at the numbers, the highest earners in sports neither play American sports nor are big names in the US. Evidently, it shows the money isn’t really in the US & if you can navigate properly across the globe...that’s where the money is.

AJ & Fury don’t really need the US to break Mayweather vs Pacquaio record. Site fee, sponsors, U.K. PPV & international TV rights should get them there. And if the fight ends up doing well in the US, it’d be a bonus for them. But they don’t need the US.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
    You're wrong. No other market is willing to spend $75-100 for a PPV. The revenue a huge US PPV can generate can't be matched elsewhere.
    Site fee would cover 75-100% of that.

And the fight is a much more bigger global fight than May vs Pac. + U.K. PPV & Sponsors.

Do the math.

Comment

Nope... Mayweather fights are always more lucrative than the rest...

Comment

Couldn't give a flying ****e about how the money lands.

I'm a boxing fan and, if it gets made, it's a bigger fight than Mayweather v Pacquiao.

2 best heavyweights. All the belts. In their primes.

Doesn't happen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I'm a boxing fan and, if it gets made, it's a bigger fight than Mayweather v Pacquiao.

Absolutely... This is the big boys and the world will be watching.

If Americans don't want to buy it, then they shouldn't. The world will keep spinning and they can keep waiting and waiting for the next big American heavyweight.

It's laughable when peoples argument is "look how much we would of paid for it if it was a US heavyweight"

It's an embarrassingly stupid, but makes for great entertainment on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF
            You're wrong. No other market is willing to spend $75-100 for a PPV. The revenue a huge US PPV can generate can't be matched elsewhere.
            Perfect example of "look how much we can charge these morons"

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

As an American I can honestly say I dont give a damn where a fighter is from. It doesnt matter 1 way or the other that Fury and AJ are from across the pond I wanna see a full unification. Sure I wanna see AJ and Wilder fight and I wanna see Wilder Fury 3 but it's not because Wilder is American. I wanna see all the top guys battle it out for supremacy.

The narrative of where a fighter is from kills me. It's where their going in the ring is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandhi View Post
                American sports fans/media have created this fallacy & narrative that you've to a big name in America or American sports to be mega rich. However, when you look at the numbers, the highest earners in sports neither play American sports nor are big names in the US. Evidently, it shows the money isn't really in the US & if you can navigate properly across the globe...that's where the money is.

AJ & Fury don't really need the US to break Mayweather vs Pacquaio record. Site fee, sponsors, U.K. PPV & international TV rights should get them there. And if the fight ends up doing well in the US, it'd be a bonus for them. But they don't need the US.
                You people are delusional. This is a big fight for the UK. If there was interest in this fight in America it would be here. Instead they have to go beg other countries for money to host the fight because it can't generate the money on it's own.

Comment

It's not more lucrative.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a global event. Fury vs Joshua isn't.

Comment

If the first fight is close and exciting, AJ vs Fury (both fights) could well end up being more lucrative than Mayweather vs Pacman.

Whatever, I'm expecting it to be 100x more entertaining and than The Bore Of The Century, both inside and outside of the ring.

Fury vs AJ could undo the damage caused to the sport by Manny and Floyd's rip-off snooze fest.

Comment

Working...
                    X