Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner is just SO much better when he's aggressive.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ochoa780
    replied
    Originally posted by sicko View Post
    That was the Demarco fight, he did make weight for that one both came in at 134.5
    For some reason I didnt recognize DeMarco I thought it was escobedo. My bad

Leave a comment:

• revelated
    replied
    Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
    Youíd be surprised what a man 20 pounds less than you can do who has hellacious foot & hand TIMING.
    Its not always the power that overwhelms you.
    Which just furthers the mystery of why Broner was barely hurt against Mikey and did nothing in return.

Leave a comment:

• MONGOOSE66
    replied
    Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Unless you're Manny.

But the bold is the point, right, because he didn't hurt Broner. Broner should not have lost that match.
    Youíd be surprised what a man 20 pounds less than you can do who has hellacious foot & hand TIMING.
    Its not always the power that overwhelms you.

Leave a comment:

• revelated
    replied
    He didnít do nothing with Spence cause Spence is a PUNCHER.
    Mikie is a natural 130 pounder. His power doesnít go up at all.
    You dont need great power to keep someone off of u. Just donít miss.
    Unless you're Manny.

But the bold is the point, right, because he didn't hurt Broner. Broner should not have lost that match.

Leave a comment:

• MONGOOSE66
    replied
    Mikey who could do nothing to Spence and didn't even hurt Broner can punch?

I mean, yeah he can punch the air pretty good while fist pumping after clearly lost rounds.
    He didnít do nothing with Spence cause Spence is a PUNCHER.
    Mikie is a natural 130 pounder. His power doesnít go up at all.
    You dont need great power to keep someone off of u. Just donít miss.

Leave a comment:

• revelated
    replied
    I believe heís more gunshy since Madana. Mikey can punch.
    Mikey who could do nothing to Spence and didn't even hurt Broner can punch?

I mean, yeah he can punch the air pretty good while fist pumping after clearly lost rounds.

Leave a comment:

• whollisboxing
    replied
    People discredit this guy because for whatever reason, he's reverted to a defense-first style even against guys that have no chance of really hurting him.

Look at the pattern:

- He was bigger against Vargas (slightly)
    - He was bigger against Mikey
    - He was bigger against Manny
    - He was bigger against Chino
    - He was smaller against Theophane

See a problem (pun intended) here?

Broner WRECKED Theophane - and that wasn't washed Theophane. Up to that point Ashley had never been knocked out and went razor close with Danny Swift - the actual aggressive Danny Swift of old - and had a very solid win/loss record.

That Broner - the one that comes forward while protecting himself and throws vicious body shots - that's the Broner that was always successful. Not the one that stays back tentative trying to shoulder roll or throw jabs at range.

You say "he'd have gotten knocked out" - I disagree. Broner's chin has been proven solid - Chino's success didn't last past the 6th round, Manny couldn't drop him, Porter couldn't drop him, Emmanuel Taylor couldn't drop him, Granados couldn't drop him, Allakhverdev couldn't drop him.

If even Manny Pacquiao couldn't do it when Manny was easily able to drop Keef, I don't think Broner would have gotten dropped against Chino if he had fought aggressive from the start. Chino dropped him because he was going backwards defending, but when Broner went to him, Chino had to resort to dirty tactics to get something done.

So the question.

What do you think - and set aside your personal feelings about Broner - what do you think about Broner signing up with Sugarhill Steward to regain his aggressive fight style that got him success at 140 before?
    If Broner would actually back up his words and focus on boxing then he would be successful. Assuming he does that then yes, he fights better as an athletic brawler than he does as a defensive counterpuncher.

Leave a comment:

• jmrf4435
    replied
    People discredit this guy because for whatever reason, he's reverted to a defense-first style even against guys that have no chance of really hurting him.

Look at the pattern:

- He was bigger against Vargas (slightly)
    - He was bigger against Mikey
    - He was bigger against Manny
    - He was bigger against Chino
    - He was smaller against Theophane

See a problem (pun intended) here?

Broner WRECKED Theophane - and that wasn't washed Theophane. Up to that point Ashley had never been knocked out and went razor close with Danny Swift - the actual aggressive Danny Swift of old - and had a very solid win/loss record.

That Broner - the one that comes forward while protecting himself and throws vicious body shots - that's the Broner that was always successful. Not the one that stays back tentative trying to shoulder roll or throw jabs at range.

You say "he'd have gotten knocked out" - I disagree. Broner's chin has been proven solid - Chino's success didn't last past the 6th round, Manny couldn't drop him, Porter couldn't drop him, Emmanuel Taylor couldn't drop him, Granados couldn't drop him, Allakhverdev couldn't drop him.

If even Manny Pacquiao couldn't do it when Manny was easily able to drop Keef, I don't think Broner would have gotten dropped against Chino if he had fought aggressive from the start. Chino dropped him because he was going backwards defending, but when Broner went to him, Chino had to resort to dirty tactics to get something done.

So the question.

What do you think - and set aside your personal feelings about Broner - what do you think about Broner signing up with Sugarhill Steward to regain his aggressive fight style that got him success at 140 before?
    My problem with AB is that he's

Not very good, he's legit a C+ B- fighter, and PBC mafia hyped him to no avail.

Leave a comment:

• PRvazquez
    replied
    He did it for hood!

Leave a comment:

• STREET CLEANER
    replied
    Any active fighter has a chance to beat Broner. He simply clams up.

He is a fighter that has to see his opening and once he can't he won't be offensive. He has a good chin and pushes his speed out then he has to recover.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X