Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Yildirim, Two-Fight Matchroom Deal Made Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garbage a55 fight, people complained about the Charlo card which was a stacked card with competitive fights all throughout it and this Canelo vs Yildrim card will be trash since Canelo is getting paid a high guarantee!

DAZN did all that complaining about not wanting to pay Canelo for these type of fights and they let him free an he still gets paid handsomely while giving them even worse fights than when he was signed to them!

Smh DAZN executives has to be hiring teenagers to crunch their numbers

Comment

“Avni Yildirim is a good boxer and I know we will put on an exciting fight,” He's telling lies and he knows it. The dude got KOed by Eubank Jr ffs. Just move back up to 175 and scrap with Beterbiev.

Comment

Did he leave GB so he can fight a boxer coming from a loss. This guy is not even on the top 10. How much did PBC pay to have him be the mandatory. The undercard better be good unlike Canelo last fight. If not I'm skipping this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          I think it's great. Everyone is a potential opponent now. It removes the network/promotional politics.
          Yes, I agree, it's good for boxing. Yildrim is mandatory so Canelo has to do this fight to move forward with the WBC title. Tbh I don't have a problem with champions taking fights like this, as long as they're interspersed between tougher matchups, as it's a way of staying more active.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Garbage a55 fight, people complained about the Charlo card which was a stacked card with competitive fights all throughout it and this Canelo vs Yildrim card will be trash since Canelo is getting paid a high guarantee!

DAZN did all that complaining about not wanting to pay Canelo for these type of fights and they let him free an he still gets paid handsomely while giving them even worse fights than when he was signed to them!

Smh DAZN executives has to be hiring teenagers to crunch their numbers
            DAZN had a deal with Canelo though GBP that guaranteed him a stack of cash for each fight. It broke down because there were only certain fights that DAZN thought were worth the contracted amount. Canelo didn't want those fights, so there was a dispute. They went to court and agreed to tear up the contract. Canelo walks away, DAZN no longer forced to pay the contracted amount.

Now they have this separately-negotiated two-fight deal, with GBP no longer part of the picture.

As you point out, it is not up to the quality of opponent that DAZN wanted before. One question then: do you think DAZN are paying less or more than before?

Comment

BJS will fall short but will give Canelo problems Yildirm is a non starter , a very weak WBC no.1 challenger.

Comment

This fight is complete garbage but I'm glad he's getting the matchroom/DAZN BUMS outta the way first....then on to the real competition.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  He’s probably on the Ingle nasal spray already...

You give BJS any chance?
                  Yeah, I always fancied BJS to give Canelo tough night. I just think it’s a bad style for Canelo, assuming the best Saunders shows up, which I’m sure he will.

People say Canelo has improved since Lara, and he has, but he’s never actually fought a slick southpaw since that fight. I think that’s a bad style for him and there’s no evidence to suggest he is any more comfortable with that kind of style now.

Stylistically I’d say it’s Canelo’s toughest fight in years. The footwork of BJS is going to give him more to think about than he’s needed to in a while.

Canelo is rightly favourite. I’ve always felt this could be a fight where the decision could go either way. As good as Canelo is, he does drop a fair few rounds in fights, he’s not utterly dominant in his tougher fights. Add that together with the style of BJS and I really believe it’s a real fight.

Comment

So it looks like canelo is going the undisputed route.

Yldrim in February. Saunders in may.

Then he's a free agent and makes the plant fight in september on pbc for undisputed

Comment

Called this immediately yesterday! Yildirim and BJS OBVIOUSLY!

No way Hearn is picking up that sh^t Yildirim fight without getting another better and more quality fight out of the deal and that is smart on his part. What ever lost for Yildirim can be made up on May with a better opponent.

Props to Eddie! If anybody can make Canelo vs GGG III on DAZN it is likely Eddie Hearn. GGG beating the SH^T out of Munguia I think would have people calling for Canelo to Avenge Munguia so I can see that 3rd fight happening but of course it is all up to Canelo and if he feels like Retiring GGG
                      Last edited by sicko; 01-21-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X