Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Charr: Very Unprofessional Of Don King, WBA Will Notice And Make Right Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Charr: Very Unprofessional Of Don King, WBA Will Notice And Make Right Decision

New year, same old Don King. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, Manuel Charr still awaits a travel visa for a planned secondary WBA heavyweight title defense versus Trevor Bryan. The bout is tentatively scheduled to take place January 29th, which just so happens to be the deadline imposed by the sanctioning body in order for King to retain promotional rights to the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure the WBA will just make a new belt for Charr.

Comment

Shame on Charr for not doing research on Don King before doing business with him. There are countless stories of boxers such as Tyson, Holmes, Ali, Witherspoon and so many others being screwed over by King over the years. I hope King doesn't have the WBA in his pocket otherwise it won't end well for Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post
        Shame on Charr for not doing research on Don King before doing business with him. There are countless stories of boxers such as Tyson, Holmes, Ali, Witherspoon and so many others being screwed over by King over the years. I hope King doesn't have the WBA in his pocket otherwise it won't end well for Charr.
        Haha research.... I'm sure there are tons of people who don't even watch boxing who know the guy is a crook. I thought this was common knowledge.

Comment

No, he has them in both pockets

Comment

Shame on Charr for not doing research on Don King before doing business with him. There are countless stories of boxers such as Tyson, Holmes, Ali, Witherspoon and so many others being screwed over by King over the years. I hope King doesn’t have the WBA in his pocket otherwise it won’t end well for Charr.
            King isn’t Charr’s promoter. He just won the purse bid for the fight. He had no choice as the WBA mandated this fight & Charr’s team posted a losing bid. King put down 2 million. There wouldn’t be these issues if his promoter won the purse bid.
            Last edited by joe strong; 01-20-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Wait, a fighter who has held onto a paper belt for three years without defending it and was caught using illegal substances heading into a "defense" is calling somebody else "very unprofessional?" King is a crook but Charr is a poor messanger

Comment

You're hoping a sanctioning body isn't taking bribes from a promoter? Hahahaha

Comment

I still want Charr vs Oquendo!! Big O and The Diamond Boy Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    King isn't Charr's promoter. He just won the purse bid for the fight. He had no choice as the WBA mandated this fight & Charr's team posted a losing bid. King put down 2 million. There wouldn't be these issues if his promoter won the purse bid.
                    This is the correct answer.

Don King: Return To Greatness has officially begun.

Comment

Working...
                    X