Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Dillian Whyte Would Be Massive Fight, Says Hearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Dillian Whyte Would Be Massive Fight, Says Hearn

Eddie Hearn, promoter for heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte, believes a clash with former world champion Deontay Wilder would be a massive fight. Wilder has been out of the ring since getting stopped in seven rounds by Tyson Fury in February 2020, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

But we all know Wilder doesn’t have the minerals

Comment

Wilder sucks but imagine he lands on Whyte's chin lol it might be instant death

Comment

Wilder -Whyte is the biggest unpredictable fight in division.

Because I am 99% sure Fury beats Joshua.

Whyte -Wilder, two guys with no skills trying to kill each other...oh yeah baby..

Comment

Wilder wants Fury and Fury only. If that fight is in the contract then make it happen already.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            Wilder wants Fury and Fury only. If that fight is in the contract then make it happen already.
            What contract? It sounds like Fury is going to be tied to 2 Joshua fights in 2021. So Wilder may as well look at other fights.

Personally I think Wilder demolishes Whyte by catching him as Whyte tries to come in to range but it would be a real fun fight.

I know Wilder seemed to want to freeze Whyte out for 2 years to protect his belt but he's done that now and holds no belt anymore.

Comment

I like it, Im doubtful Haymon would be open to the idea.. instead of matching Wilder against whyte, just shelve him and not make any money at all, that's how these american boxing politics are. So how much upside does Wilder actually have? He has a ton with that right hand he has but he's also beatable, but he only has one defeat and that's to the best hw rn. Get him ranked in the IBF of WBO to force a mandatory, in the meantime, take the whyte fight.

Comment

Circle logic. We were here two years ago, where Wilder has to beat Whyte to get at AJ. Make sure Whyte has a rematch and confidentiality clause, in case he gets sparked or turns up dirty.

Comment

Well, since Wilder has been put down the pecking order and now with absolutely no Fury 3 fight in direct sight, this is a good oppertunity to fight the winner of Whyte-Pov and put himself instantly back in the mix with a view to fighting the AJ Fury winner.

Good fight too. 50/50 for me now considering the Fury loss and the appearance of Wilder being completely mentally flawed this last year.

If Whyte sparks Pov (or the reverse) clean out, i'm not sure Wilder will want it.

Comment

Can't see this happening but it would be a great fight, they hate each other.

The reason Wilder isn't rated by the other side of the fence is that he hasn't beaten anyone on the other side of the fence. In this fight Wilder can beat a Matchroom fighter and vice versa for Whyte. If Whyte beats Wilder even the LDBC will have to give him some credit.

Wilder once said they only want me to fight Whyte so they can compare me and he's right but what's wrong with that. That's the basis of competition.

All Wilder did since getting the belt was fighting in house fighters in the States till he lost. Look at how many PBC fighters Joshua has on his record and Fury beat Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                    X