Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Talk Facts: Arum Made A Offer To Both Thurman and Porter For Crawford!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Talk Facts: Arum Made A Offer To Both Thurman and Porter For Crawford!

Arum offered 1 Million dollar purse to both Thurman and Porter to face Crawford but both turned it down.

Both felt that amount was too low for them but... No one else is offering you any fights and both of you guys have already fought the majority of 147 pbc fighters.

Should they have just accepted it and win take that belt and get more in a rematch and possible win the rematch and now have a new demand and leverage for a spence fight.

Yes both Porter and Thurman should have jumped on the fight.

Comment

Porter would beat Crawford, Thurman is half-retired and rusty.

I didn't even know that former/recent Champs would even get OFFERED 1 mill for a fight. It is insulting.

Comment

Porter got that fighting guys like Formella! I mean honestly if you're Porter do you accept that offer just to please some random guy on Boxing Scene Forum?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Remember, they're not the ones desperate for opponents of a Payday, they're getting paid very well on their side so they're not the ones seeking a quality opponent on their Resume they both have that already

If You gave Khan a Rumored $5-$7 Million and Kell Brook $2 Million...why in the HELL would even offer Porter and Thurman such Garbage Offer? Because he knew it is no way they would take it because he doesn't want to make those fights because HE Feels those fights are not very profitable for him

Send that offer to Boots Ennis, Ugas, Custio Clayton, those guys will absolutely jump on those offers but not the Top 5 Guys in the 147 Divisions and I don't blame them.

Put the Promotional Groupie Bias Trash aside for a minute and be completely honest. If you was in Thurman and Porter shoes, you would Reject that offer as well especially when a clearly past it Kell Brook just got $2 Million to come and roll over and get stopped with a JAB
        Last edited by sicko; 01-18-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Porter got that fighting guys like Formella! I mean honestly if you're Porter do you accept that offer just to please some random guy on Boxing Scene Forum?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Remember, they're not the ones desperate for opponents of a Payday, they're getting paid very well on their side so they're not the ones seeking a quality opponent on their Resume they both have that already

If You gave Khan a Rumored $5-$7 Million and Kell Brook $2 Million...why in the HELL would even offer Porter and Thurman such Garbage Offer? Because he knew it is no way they would take it because he doesn't want to make those fights because HE Feels those fights are not very profitable for him

Send that offer to Boots Ennis, Ugas, Custio Clayton, those guys will absolutely jump on those offers but not the Top 5 Guys in the 147 Divisions and I don't blame them
          Then they shouldn't be complaining about it, both porter and thurman have made videos complaining about the offer.

What to they hope to accomplish by making videos complaining talking about "you not gonna get me on a discount but you arent going to have to pay full price either".

and no shit they aint gonna make moves off what I say, This is a topic so we can discuss so you can stop all that "they not gonna do it to please boxingscene memebers" no ****, this is a topic we can discusss no one realistically expect boxers to make decisions off of our talking points on a damn forum.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
            Then they shouldn't be complaining about it, both porter and thurman have made videos complaining about the offer.

What to they hope to accomplish by making videos complaining talking about "you not gonna get me on a discount but you arent going to have to pay full price either".

and no shit they aint gonna make moves off what I say, This is a topic so we can discuss so you can stop all that "they not gonna do it to please boxingscene memebers" no ****, this is a topic we can discusss no one realistically expect boxers to make decisions off of our talking points on a damn forum.
            Yeah Not so sure about that! I legit think some of the lunatics on this forum feel they're making some type of impact on the sport and feel by trashing a fighter on a boxing forum daily that somehow that will make him accept some BS offer and take the fight just for them

The reason why they replied is BECAUSE Fans and so Called Boxing Writers and Reporters will come and push the narrative that "They're Ducking Crawford Because They Did Not Accept The $1 Million Offer" this is the Narrative that some people want out their so they have every right to jump out against this Narrative and give their side of the story
            Last edited by sicko; 01-18-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
              Arum offered 1 Million dollar purse to both Thurman and Porter to face Crawford but both turned it down.

Both felt that amount was too low for them but... No one else is offering you any fights and both of you guys have already fought the majority of 147 pbc fighters.

Should they have just accepted it and win take that belt and get more in a rematch and possible win the rematch and now have a new demand and leverage for a spence fight.
              Both Thurman & Porter can make more money by fighting countless easier opponents or even each other... again.

Crawford is the one who is constantly laughed at for his ww resume,hes the one that has to pay up if he wants the recognition that comes with finally beating an actual elite ww. I genuinely believe he has known from day 1 when he resigned with bob Harem that hed get to be considered the best fighter on earth for beating a string of C,& D listers. Horn is still his best opponent at ww, Benevidez would've been a elite win BEFORE he was debilitated,he would've gotten Crawford the same recognition as if hed beaten Ortiz next.

Thats why I more than anything want him to accept that Ortiz would be a perfect dangerous opponent for him,he brings money & ppvs Because hes a GBP prodigy,hes still young & considered green by Crawford surely,so its a very winnable fight if you're Bud,it pays more than anyone besides Spence,& Ortiz on paper is considered less risky if you're Bud imho(even though I think Ortiz beats him already)

Ortiz would cede all A side advantages & purse,as hes stated its the easiest fight Bud can make Because he knows his place as clear B side,& I am 100% sure Ortiz would sign the same day if hes offered the fight.

I genuinely believe Bud will not fight anyone elite unless its Spence Because hes worried about losing the 1 megafight/legacy fight/megapayday hes guaranteed if hes Undefeated.

Comment

$1 million dollars lol.

They have taxes, managers, and cornermen to pay. $1 million is cut down quickly after expenses. Might as well not have offered anything. Porter and Thurman can make 4-5x more than that fighting eachother in a rematch.

Be honest with yourself, you too would turn down $1 million dollars under the same circumstances that Thurman and Porter are.

Comment

Bob offered enough to make sure the fights don't happen

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    $1 million dollars lol.

They have taxes, managers, and cornermen to pay. $1 million is cut down quickly after expenses. Might as well not have offered anything. Porter and Thurman can make 4-5x more than that fighting eachother in a rematch.

Be honest with yourself, you too would turn down $1 million dollars under the same circumstances that Thurman and Porter are.
                    "this is boxing" lmao.

Somebody needs to learn math. Maybe you should get your GED you wannbe pig? You're kinda like a wannabe boxing fan too.

Thurman got 2.5 for Pacq, 1 mill for Crawford after LOSING is a good deal for him during a pandemic with no gate. Porter got 2 for Spence and he lost. ! mill sounds about right for a guy that keeps losing in the middle of a pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                    X