Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Boxing Events Must Continue or Sport Could Fizzle Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Boxing Events Must Continue or Sport Could Fizzle Out

Eddie Hearn says that it is vital that boxing continues during the latest UK lockdown or it could "fizzle out". A huge rise in cases of Covid-19 cases has seen another lockdown with schools closed as well as non-essential shops. But elite sport has been given the green light and while the British Boxing Board of Control paused the sport during January it shows will resume on February 13 when Josh Warrington defends his IBF featherweight title against Mauricio Lara
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vaccine's the only way out ?
    Rather than take something that was rushed into production , not properly tested , has been shown in the past weeks to cause bad side effects and probably won't work with the supposed "new strain". I'd advise my fighters to find a good paying job.

I might be in the minority. But I doubt every fighter will mindlessly line up and take the " Gates vaccine ".
    F**k you Hearn for pushing that B.S.

Comment

What bad side effects has it been shown to give?

There can be some in people with existing allergies but these are minor and few and far between

Less than the healthy people dying from the disease! (Which is also few and far between)

Comment

I'm not going to ask someone to take a punch in the face if I'm scared of a pinch on my arm. Man up take a shot for the team.

Literally tean of millions of people have been vaccinated world wide with no real allergy issues, you can be allergic to an additive to the vaccine common in your household .. if you have a reaction its easily treatable.

So far the vaccines seem to work against the new strains though and if one does beat them they are confident they can reformulate in weeks similar to issue with seasonal flu.

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Rather than take something that was rushed into production , not properly tested , has been shown in the past weeks to cause bad side effects and probably won't work with the supposed "new strain". I'd advise my fighters to find a good paying job.

I might be in the minority. But I doubt every fighter will mindlessly line up and take the " Gates vaccine ".

Comment

He’s stating the absolute obvious. If people want to have conspiracy theories then fine, but this isn’t really the place for it

Comment

I’ve had the vaccine along with other people I work with and we’ve all shown minor effects of lethargy , the odd cold shiver and other minor flu symptoms in the 1st 24 hrs then all fine . Those are the facts my friend

Comment

ppv all hes worried about

the clowns just wanting his ppvs back thing is everybody watches his ppvs free now as they are all s**t

Comment

If they are sh**t you wouldn't watch them at all?

Here's an idea don't watch, plenty of other boxing channels.

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
                the clowns just wanting his ppvs back thing is everybody watches his ppvs free now as they are all s**t

Comment

It is going to take a few years to recover from this insanity. I am not talking just boxing, I am talking world wide economic repercussions for a pandemic that shut nearly everything down. We can argue if the prevention was worse than the disease, but that is hindsight and means nothing in the grand scheme going forward.

In the world of boxing, it basically means the same as all the other sports. If athletes can accept a little less in the short run, then the squared circle will be fine. Sports that have salary caps (like the NFL, NHL and NBA here in America) will see those shrink a bit over the next few years and have no choice but to accept it or not play. Others (like MLB and combat sports) have to accept it on their own. The pay-outs will not be as high without gates, the TV ratings are lagging without crowds adding juice to live sports. Heck think boxing is in bad shape, I shudder to think how hard the Olympics will be hit this summer.

How fast or slow Countries recover, allowing for more disposable income among sports fans, will dictate if this is a 24 month recovery or a ton longer. Athletics will be fine long term. We love our distractions. We NEED them. But those that make a living off them will need to accept lower wages for a while. Hey, could be worse. It could be the movie business.

Comment

whats he on about, i've never seen so many utubers, ballers & kickboxers involved

Comment

Working...
                    X