Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell Believes Garcia 'Beats Haney, No Problem...Gervonta Is A Hard Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Campbell Believes Garcia 'Beats Haney, No Problem...Gervonta Is A Hard Fight'

Luke Campbell has no problem projecting where Ryan Garcia may go in his career, now that the dust has settled. "I think he beats Haney," Campbell said, referring to WBC lightweight titleholder Devin Haney during an interview with IFL TV a couple of days after getting stopped by Garcia in their lightweight bout last Saturday night at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Funny cuz Ryan believes exactly the opposite.

Comment

I think Ryan will beat Tank.

Comment

Luke has done another interview with sky sports, in their he actually said that when he got in the ring with Ryan, he genuinely thought “ he’d hit Ryan a few times and Garcia would want out”

That’s absaloute madness to me!! And it actually enraged me a bit. Luke doesn’t deserve anymore shots now, theirs other fighters out their more deserving and much more hungry then he is.

One thing Ryan said in the build up struck me, and it was that he couldn’t believe Luke Campbell said he’s reached his peak at age 33!!! And if I beat him now what does that say. That’s so true.

Luke is a fighter that just doesn’t have it. We can’t even put him in that bracket of been one of the best Brits to NEVER win a world title.

I have a feeling that he will either try getting a shot at the WBA “Regular” title that tank has. He and Eddie are probs hoping that becomes vacant or he will try moving to 140 and claiming it was too hard to make lightweight, when naturally Luke ain’t no Lightweight he just Bulked up, known him 60-75% of his life.

Comment

If Garcia beats Haney no problem, you'd think Garcia's camp would be chasing/aiming for that fight -- but it sounds like they don't want it, despite reports that the WBC are going to order it soon.

Why do I say this? First, a win would give Garcia the WBC lightweight belt. The real belt, not the franchise nonsense. Second, a win against Haney would further enhance Garcia's reputation and boost the economics of potential fights with Tank or Lopez further down the line when covid has receded. Campbell can say that Haney's style would make it difficult to sell, but I don't think this is a problem. Garcia vs Haney is undoubtedly a bigger fight than Garcia vs Campbell was and they had no problem marketing that fight. Furthermore, it is 'in house', meaning it will sell DAZN subscriptions and no worries about cutting a deal with rival broadcasters or promoters.

I struggle to see how a Garcia/Davis fight gets made next. It's a risk for both parties at a time when they can't realise the full economic potential of the matchup because of restrictions on the live gate. It would require collaboration between Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions and some kind of deal between rival broadcasters. Both Garcia and Davis have commerial appeal, but it's a complicated deal to make.
          Last edited by Monty Fisto; 01-08-2021, 10:17 AM. Reason: corrected for typos

Comment

Lopez>Stank>Haney>Garcia

Comment

He will have problem beating Haney than Davis

Comment

Garcia beats maybe even KO's Haney.
                I can't see Garcia beating Davis as he is currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                  If Garcia beats Haney no problem, you'd think Garcia's camp would be chasing/aiming for that fight -- but it sounds like they don't want it, despite reports that the WBC are going to order it soon.

Why do I say this? First, a win would give Garcia the WBC lightweight belt. The real belt, not the franchise nonsense. Second, a win against Haney would further enhance Garcia's reputation and boost the economics of potential fights with Tank or Lopez further down the line when covid has receded. Campbell can say that Haney's style would make it difficult to sell, but I don't think this is a problem. Garcia vs Haney is undoubtedly a bigger fight than Garcia vs Campbell was and they had no problem marketing that fight. Furthermore, it is 'in house', meaning it will sell DAZN subscriptions and no worries about cutting a deal with rival broadcasters or promoters.

I struggle to see how a Garcia/Davis fight gets made next. It's a risk for both parties at a time when they can't realise the full economic potential of the matchup because of restrictions on the live gate. It would require collaboration between Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions and some kind of deal between rival broadcasters. Both Garcia and Davis have commerial appeal, but it's a complicated deal to make.
                  I see it the same way. Haney next makes the most sense. If Garcia thinks he can beat him . . .

Comment

If they fought RIGHT NOW, Haney would school Garcia and Tank will KO him. He's too green; throws everything with power, which cuases him to get out of position when he misses. A counter puncher like Tank will capitalize similar to Santa Cruz. Haney, would most likely be a boring fight, but he's much better overall and would school him.

Comment

Working...
                    X