Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Luke Campbell's A World-Class Lightweight, Massive Step Up For Ryan Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Luke Campbell's A World-Class Lightweight, Massive Step Up For Ryan Garcia

SAN ANTONIO Eddie Hearn admires the confidence and ambition Ryan Garcia and his trainer, Eddy Reynoso, have exhibited by agreeing to fight Luke Campbell on Saturday night. Hearn considers Campbell several levels above anyone Garcia has beaten while compiling a 20-0 record and knocking out 17 opponents. Handicappers have established Garcia as an approximate 3-1 favorite to conquer Campbell (20-3, 16 KOs) in their 12-round fight for the WBC interim lightweight title, but Campbell's promoter thinks this might be too tough of a test for the popular, polarizing Garcia just yet
    [Click Here To Read More]

Luke's getting washed. Ryan is up next as GBP's star. He will not be put in truly dangerous fights this early. Campbell might make it slightly competitive or prolong his inevitable loss if he moves enough, but he's getting beat.

Comment

based on what? every time he stepped up he lost.

Comment

he only loses to good world class fighters and when he loses to garcia it will prove that he is world class
        ryan will look great beating campbell and put the rest of the division on notice that he is the real deal

Comment

A promoter has to say what he needs to say. No matter.🥊

Comment

I remember walking in to an arena and seeing Luke on the deck against an unsung Frenchman , late I was , I have a feeling the same will be the case But this is the acid test for Garcia .For boxing I hope he passes for English boxing I hope he doesn't , I think he stops Luke and on to the Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
              Luke's getting washed. Ryan is up next as GBP's star. He will not be put in truly dangerous fights this early. Campbell might make it slightly competitive or prolong his inevitable loss if he moves enough, but he's getting beat.
              I would not anoint Ryan Garcia as the next big thing in boxing just yet. He is confident, ambitious, has a great left hook and a quick right hand, plus he works hard with a good team. But he needs a better defense and in particular to tuck his chin and not retreat in a straight line. With his media presence and good looks, he will make huge bucks if it turns out he is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                With his media presence and good looks, he will make huge bucks if it turns out he is the real deal.
                I hope not, he is extremely irritating with a big mouth and a face you want to slap.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
                  I hope not, he is extremely irritating with a big mouth and a face you want to slap.
                  Bigmouth, irritating, trash-talking, big ego: these things sell these days if he can back it up with results in the ring.

Comment

This fight will be a war 50/50 imo

Comment

Working...
                    X