Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Spence Looking For Money With Canelo, No Intention of Fighting Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence wants to fight the biggest draw in the sport instead of a guy who is losing his promoter money?

Who would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      This is professional sport/prizefighting. The biggest fight at 147 atm is one that involves Pacquiao because that's where the $$$$ are! Probably v Spence, with v Crawford close.

If free to choose any opponent at 147, I'm pretty sure both Spence and Crawford would choose Pacquiao for that very reason: $$$$$
      u are 1000% correct !!

Comment

Both Spence and Crawford would be pure idiots to not try and fight Pac next. Spence and Pac's people are talking about 2021 fight but Crawford seems stuck on stupid. I like Crawford and wished his handlers would smarten him up.

Comment

As a fan I prefer Spence Crawford to happen Before Pac is into the equation. Although I would like to see Pac against either.

I didn't even consider canelo becaus that's just not realistic..look how big he's gotten. But I think would fight him In Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
            Spence has a new excuse everytime the fight gets brought up. He wouldn’t be nearly as effective at 154 let alone 160. There’s weight classes for a reason.
            Spence is clearly draining down for welterweight. He'll be hella more effective at 154lbs and 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Spence wants to fight the biggest draw in the sport instead of a guy who is losing his promoter money?

Who would have thought.
              Spence not chasing greatness or legacy...just willing to take a beatdown for the biggest $$$ he will ever make. Just like Mikey Garcia cashed out against Spence and took that azz whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                Spence not chasing greatness or legacy...just willing to take a beatdown for the biggest $$$ he will ever make. Just like Mikey Garcia cashed out against Spence and took that azz whipping.
                Crawford not chasing greatness or legacy...he cares more about the money than taking 60-40 to make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                  Spence is smart to fight Pac for biggest $$ at 147. Time for him to get big payday. Why not?

Comment

Bradley is absolutely correct. Spence just plain doesn't want any part of Crawford. Period. End of story.

Comment

I just dont see Canelo coming back down to 160 and he essentially said it was getting difficult to make that weight a while back. Due to the fact that Canelo can make money on a number of opponents, I dont see the payday against Spence for him being enough motivation to make it worth the struggling to hit 160. He sleeps in silk pajamas now so he's not coming up and desperate for the payday.

So Spence needs to turn his attention towards Crawford or Pac or maybe Ugas. Crawford needs to fight one of those as well. 2021 needs to have the welterweights clash in a least one or two big fights.

If Spence is having problems with weight, Charlo and other 154 ponders like Hurd, Lubin, or Fundora could provide him a serious challenge. If 154 pound Charlo connects cleanly on Spence, Spence may find himself wondering why he left 147, let alone the physical difference with a 160 plus Canelo.
                      Last edited by richardt; 12-28-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X