Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ritson-Vazquez: Judge O'Connor To Appear Before British Boxing Board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill lynott
    replied
    Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    It's bad when can you ruin an ugly fight with bad scoring. They're going to do an O'Conner on him, will be added to the list cautions for imports.
    Sums it up perfect! An ugly fight ruined from bad scoring.. Great comment! Should be the headline.

Leave a comment:

• Corelone
    replied
    It's bad when can you ruin an ugly fight with bad scoring. They're going to do an O'Conner on him, will be added to the list cautions for imports.

Leave a comment:

• mlac
    replied
    i love how hearn thinks he will get praised for calling out his own corrupt judges

and lets not pretend like this is one bad apple, practically every single judge/reff that matchroom uses is on the take. the corruption is so obvious and downright disgracefull. its every single show, every single matchroom card, corruption and robberies, BS stoppages are involved, same goes for Fish eyes too to a lesser extent.

Leave a comment:

• LA_2_Vegas
    replied
    At the very least, I would hope that it would result in ways to ensure that the judges don't have communication devices on them while the event is going on. (I realize they'll just move onto other smaller tech)

Can't do anything about the briefcases full of cash that are handed off beforehand, but at least make it more difficult for the corruption to occur midfight when fighter A is ruining the plans.

BTW there has got to be a way to come up with a double blind approach where promoters, managers do not know whothe judges are; and 1 judge do not know who the other 2 are.
    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-19-2020, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
    Terry OíConnor has been involved in he majority of blatant robberies I have seen in UK boxing. This one wasnít even near his worst. He gets away with most because the other 2 judges either watch the fight or are not bent
    Spot on, this is just one of his many disgraceful scorecards.

Leave a comment:

• GlassJoey
    replied
    The only saving grace was that his opponent knew he was being robbed if he won. At least when Ohara Davis robbed Vazquez, he had the decency to admit he lost and even raised Vazquez’s hand at the end. Ritsons corner were either in or it or are clueless. Reminds me of Joe Gallagher in Smith v Ryder

Daryll Williams hasn’t fought since he was disgracefully robbed for the British title. Terry OConnor was the ref that night and told Parker he’d won before He’d even seen the scorecards

Leave a comment:

• GlassJoey
    replied
    Terry O’Connor has been involved in he majority of blatant robberies I have seen in UK boxing. This one wasn’t even near his worst. He gets away with most because the other 2 judges either watch the fight or are not bent

Leave a comment:

• Corelone
    replied
    Another one of those, we're going to investigate ourself situations. They'll put on a show, but they are the British Boxing Board, after all, looking out for British interests. It's not about some Mexican getting robbed, it's about how bad they look and scrubbing a tarnished image. Whyte is a saint according to them.

Leave a comment:

• trippers1
    replied
    He was only reading text messages from Eddie advising him on how to score each round.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post
    He'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more.
    Sadly true

The sad thing is that people are outraged on fight night and by next week everyone has forgotten and the fighter who gets the bad gift decision moves on to better things and thatís the end of it.

thatís why nothing will ever change and why they can keep robbing fighters who serve no real purpose to them in future.

Now the likes of Eddie Hearn are coming out and saying it was a bad decision etc etc but thatís just a front to avoid criticism, but in the back of his mind he knows it doesnít really matter and his fighter Ritson will make him some more money down the line. Thatís all that really matters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X