Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was expecting Lopez to be much bigger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was expecting Lopez to be much bigger.

They are basically the same height. I was expecting some Lomachenko-Linares type of size difference. Basically Lopez is just slightly thicker, and on fight night give or take 5 pounds is the maximum difference between their weights. Lopez is in huge trouble.

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    They are basically the same height. I was expecting some Lomachenko-Linares type of size difference. Basically Lopez is just slightly thicker, and on fight night give or take 5 pounds is the maximum difference between their weights. Lopez is in huge trouble.
    Loma is actually 2 inches taller than teo & no, he's not wearing high heels

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      It depends on how he made the weight, and how he re-hydrates. He has far larger bones, and could be as much as 7-8 lbs more than Lomachenko in the fight. He's broader and altogether a more impressive mass.

I never like to see boxers coming in so exactly on weight. It means-=(to me) that they may have "cut" weight on the day before etc, instead of gradually coming down in easy proper stages. For an extreme example, Corrales was still 10 lbs overweight on the morning of the Mayweather fight. Which is why he could only get to the scales leaning on a friend's arm, and even then, had to make 2 more trips to the sweatbox before hitting the weight.

Lomachenko has an unusual build. His legs are disproportionate to the height, width depth of his chest. He really "taper"s, down to the ground. I read that he can stay underwater for 4 1/2 minutes, a HUGE lung capacity. I think that Henry Armstrong was like that, and Nicolino Locche also had the same build but he was a bit hunched over, because of his style .

These are the kind of guys who could go 20 rds if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

I read that he can stay underwater for 4 1/2 minutes, a HUGE lung capacity.
        omg i hope teo doesn't read this before the fight later. He plans to drown loma, it could ruin him

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
          omg i hope teo doesn't read this before the fight later. He plans to drown loma, it could ruin him
          Ha Ha Ha...!!! In that case, he'll get a surprise ...

Comment

People downplay loma’s size as a way of overrating him. Pretending that lopez is so much bigger will make a potential win by loma look better and give a built in excuse for a potential loma loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              People downplay loma’s size as a way of overrating him. Pretending that lopez is so much bigger will make a potential win by loma look better and give a built in excuse for a potential loma loss.
              lot's of fan's do this, i think i remember floyd fan's telling people quite often that he is actually the smaller guy too

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                lot's of fan's do this, i think i remember floyd fan's telling people quite often that he is actually the smaller guy too

careful...that guy you're talking to is a floyd fanboy. for them what applies to floyd doesn't apply to other fighters

Comment

This wouldn't even be an issue if Teo didn't lie about his height.

Comment

You will see it for sure in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X