Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Can't See Santa Cruz Beating Davis, But You Have To Admire His Balls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    yep, that's about right, unfortunately.

But I don't see how Davis can become a ppv star without seeing one of Loma/Lopez/Haney. Judgement reserved on Garcia.
    correct. This won't make him a ppv star, but it will go a decent way towards improving his popularity if he performs well. He'll definitely need a loma/lopez/Haney type of fight to really get to that next level.

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    I'm not admiring any bloke's balls.
    yeah but frampton is a midget so hes got a good view

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
    Not sure how to be clear in my statement.... I'm a big supporter of Davis's actual "talent". The man is super powerful at the lower weight divisions. But I'm one of the few that gives Santa Cruz a decent chance in this fight. Davis will be forced to focus heavily on cutting weight. He seems to have "head case" issues, more so than fighting issues. Leo is a better fighter in deep waters, while Tank is known to gas quickly. Add in a large weight cut..... and I see an avenue that can cause Davis a lot of problems. This may not be the mismatch that it appears to be on paper
    I hope it is a great fight but I think you are over-complicating it. This is as much of a mis-match as Mikey-Spence was.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Wolf
    replied
    Santa Cruz is going to get stretched out on the Canvas. Will serve as just another example of a fighter that moved up too many weight divisions. By the time Leo made it to 126 he was throwing flea bites. Its even worse at 130, I don't know what to call them.
    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 08-15-2020, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Based on Leo's past history of showing no interest in facing legit threats like Rigo and Russell and refusing to give Frampton a rubber match, I don't think he had much of a choice in making this fight. I think this is all Haymon's doing because the long term plan for Haymon and Floyd is to make Davis a ppv star. So Leo is being sacrificed as part of that plan. They're looking at Leo to do for Davis what the Gatti fight did for Floyd.
    yep, that's about right, unfortunately.

But I don't see how Davis can become a ppv star without seeing one of Loma/Lopez/Haney. Judgement reserved on Garcia.

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    I'm not admiring any bloke's balls.

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    Based on Leo's past history of showing no interest in facing legit threats like Rigo and Russell and refusing to give Frampton a rubber match, I don't think he had much of a choice in making this fight. I think this is all Haymon's doing because the long term plan for Haymon and Floyd is to make Davis a ppv star. So Leo is being sacrificed as part of that plan. They're looking at Leo to do for Davis what the Gatti fight did for Floyd.

Leave a comment:

• Shadoww702
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
    Not sure how to be clear in my statement.... I'm a big supporter of Davis's actual "talent". The man is super powerful at the lower weight divisions. But I'm one of the few that gives Santa Cruz a decent chance in this fight. Davis will be forced to focus heavily on cutting weight. He seems to have "head case" issues, more so than fighting issues. Leo is a better fighter in deep waters, while Tank is known to gas quickly. Add in a large weight cut..... and I see an avenue that can cause Davis a lot of problems. This may not be the mismatch that it appears to be on paper
    You are notbthe only one just every one is waiting to see if Tank can even make 135 let alone 130

Leave a comment:

• Topdogggbm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Can't See Santa Cruz Beating Davis, But You Have To Admire His Balls

Carl Frampton admires Leo Santa Cruz's ambition. Santa Cruz's former featherweight rival still doesn't think Santa Cruz has any shot at beating Gervonta Davis. Frampton fully expects Davis to overwhelm Santa Cruz when the strong southpaw from Baltimore and the four-division champion meet October 24 in a Showtime Pay-Per-View main event tentatively set to take place at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]
Working...
X