Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Can't See Santa Cruz Beating Davis, But You Have To Admire His Balls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveM
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
    Oh and I forgot...... sure there are loads of potential matchups. But I'm referring to the fights that get made. Not the fights that everyone wants to get made, and haven't/don't. As soon as fighters choose someone other than what a fan wants. Its "oh he's horrible its gonna be one sided. Blah blah blah"
    Mikey might win a belt at 147. I think most honest fans gave him credit for a ballsy move, I know I did - I think where the criticism comes in is when a fighter jumps up when there is a better fight on paper at the weight class he is in - this was the issue - fans were drooling over a Loma-Mikey fight. My take on it is that his reputation suffered if he loses to Loma but no damage if he loses to Spence - as expected.

This was the same as an already defeated Khan moving up to face Canelo for a huge payday to get flattened out. [when Brit fans at least wanted a Khan vs Brook fight] - I suppose at least Mikey survived the 12 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Yes, that's an amazing set of testicles you got there, Leo but it's not a PPV fight because it isn't a fair match up.

Leave a comment:

• Topdogggbm
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    there's loads - Lopez-Loma is one. Alvarez-Smith, Whyte-Povetkin. I never saw Garcia Spence as a close fight. Spence is more athletic than Garcia - Garcia has great fundamentals and a heavy punch at 135 or below. He fought once at 140, I think, and then a couple fights later jumps to 147 against the bigger, more athletic top-dog. Never going to end well. Didn't Mikey start at 126 - there's only so many times you can jump and when you are on your 5th jump you better be a once-in-a-generation talent - and Mikey isn't.
    Oh and I forgot...... sure there are loads of potential matchups. But I'm referring to the fights that get made. Not the fights that everyone wants to get made, and haven't/don't. As soon as fighters choose someone other than what a fan wants. Its "oh he's horrible its gonna be one sided. Blah blah blah"

Leave a comment:

• Topdogggbm
    replied
    there's loads - Lopez-Loma is one. Alvarez-Smith, Whyte-Povetkin. I never saw Garcia Spence as a close fight. Spence is more athletic than Garcia - Garcia has great fundamentals and a heavy punch at 135 or below. He fought once at 140, I think, and then a couple fights later jumps to 147 against the bigger, more athletic top-dog. Never going to end well. Didn't Mikey start at 126 - there's only so many times you can jump and when you are on your 5th jump you better be a once-in-a-generation talent - and Mikey isn't.
    Not a bad comment. I did not believe Mikey to be the favorite in that fight either. But at that time he was riding a lot of momentum and had the people believing. And that's everything to a fighter. And the hate he gets for trying is just mind blowing to me. It's like people want others to settle, rather than striving to be great. But I will say, I believe he'll eventually get a WW belt some how some way. It may not be the noble way of taking out one of the killers. The powers that be, always create opportunities now days. Hell, he could catch an old Pacquiao sleeping on him. Who knows...... anyways, back to Davis - Santa Cruz!

Leave a comment:

• Citizen Koba
    replied
    I'm not admiring any bloke's balls.
    Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    People need to stop the hate and just admire Santa's balls like Frampton mentioned.
    Damn. You just had to stroll in and steal my joke first didncha?

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
    Oh lord..... Mikey vs Spence wasn't even a mismatch when it was put together. It just turned into a mismatch during the fight. Many people were picking Mikey. Maybe I am over complicating it. But my point was, there's a potential story line there, regarding tank gassing early, in which we've all seen before. Who's to say it don't happen again? I feel like everyone on this site thinks there's no such thing as a good matchup, no matter who the fighters are. It's always "fighter A will crush fighter B cuz he sucks!". Sometimes good fights do happen.

Leave a comment:

• Santa_
    replied
    People need to stop the hate and just admire Santa's balls like Frampton mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Topdogggbm
    replied
    I hope it is a great fight but I think you are over-complicating it. This is as much of a mis-match as Mikey-Spence was.
    Oh lord..... Mikey vs Spence wasn't even a mismatch when it was put together. It just turned into a mismatch during the fight. Many people were picking Mikey. Maybe I am over complicating it. But my point was, there's a potential story line there, regarding tank gassing early, in which we've all seen before. Who's to say it don't happen again? I feel like everyone on this site thinks there's no such thing as a good matchup, no matter who the fighters are. It's always "fighter A will crush fighter B cuz he sucks!". Sometimes good fights do happen.

Leave a comment:

• markther
    replied
    Mayweather vs Gatti ll (Davis vs Cruz)

Leave a comment:

• BlackR0bbb
    replied
    Leo could have chosen to get his head punched in for a lot less money vs. Berchelt if he ever became a mandatory. At least he will be compensated well by Al for getting stretched out by Tank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X