Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Won't Lose Money On Loma-Lopez Because Lopez Thinks He's Worth More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    His price wasnít met so he went with his mandatory. How does that make him spoiled ? You ever play the stock market ? You donít sell when the stock is bottom barrel low. You wait for the price to rise and then sell. Same with houses, hell, same with jobs. At some point jobs are more in demand so thatís when you start looking around.

Fans or no fans in the arena, Lina is a dangerous fight. If Lopez wants to get paid a certain amount for it he has the right to seek that. And if he takes 300k while he waits out the situation that seems pretty smart to me.

Surprised that all you guys just take whatever somebody throws at you. Would hate to see you guys in times of a work strike. Youíd be the first to cross back over the picket line. Lol

lmao...you've just insulted the word "smart" with this post. you should take that word out of your vocabulary immediately

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
      lmao...you've just insulted the word "smart" with this post. you should take that word out of your vocabulary immediately
      The word smart surely wasn't the right word,but I think he meant more lucrative (its possible hes right) & how many times have we seen ppl claim a fighter is stupid only for them to prove otherwise after by making more in the long run &/or their promoters budging? (I think what he says is pretty accurate that even if Teo delays the fight it might end up making him more in the long run.(obviously it would be a smarter choice to settle for a few hundred k more & make it now)(no different than Wilder with Dazn deal which allows him to stay with his crew while he made the same as he would've by signing with Dazn,even though everyone wanted AJ)
      Last edited by kushking; 08-04-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

This is not a case of greed! Despite pandemic times, Arum can do much better than $1.2 million. By the time taxes and paying his team is done, he's lucky if he has $700,000 left. That kind of payout against a fighter of lesser status is fine but not against Loma even with no gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
          What I mean is ratings=money,pandemic=shttons of rating for non woke sports(woke boycott is what's costing woke sports viewers)

Arum/Top Rank/Espn have been a Failure of epic proportions & they live off of mostly eastern euros rather than black & latino stars,ergo they're ratings are sht & most the stable is overpaid af(way more than Teos asking for)

NoBody tunes in to watch Beterbieve smash some bum,or Crawford vs some bum,they want fights like these & Espn can't afford not to capitalize off it during pandemic.
          Last edited by kushking; 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            usually camp expenses are given as an "advance" but they still come out of the fighters check....like i said...take 1.2 and tax it....take a camp advance plus sanctioning fees...trainer/manager fees.....

people are acting like lopez balking at the number means hes "scared" or "knows loma will end his career"...the same clowns swore golovkin was going to end canelos career more than once

it has nothing to do with that...lopez wants his max value...hes the one that scored the spectacular ko to set this fight up..hes the one running his mouth and building it up.....hes confident he will win but smart enough to know that a loss is very possible...thus he wants what he feels his maximum value is within reason......hes 23...he could take on 5 guys for 300k and still be only 25 and have made that same money fighting way less risky fighters....or take 300k for his next mando and then slightly step it up over the next year or two and still make the same money with safer/easier fights....

lopez is and always was going to be the scapegoat for this fight....its how it works...the same way nobody else is to blame for golovkins career or anything he didnt do......and im not even faulting loma...its not his fault either....not at all

but some of you guys just sit around like "just fight i want the fight thats alot of money" or "thats more money than ill make in 25 years just shut up and take the fight"...thats not how these guys think...this is how they make money and make a better life for their families...theres a calculated risk/reward with their money/competition

lopez has done his part to build good interest in this fight...hes not about to be shortchanged in his mind because a few people on message boards think he should just shut up and take what hes told to....he was always gonna be bobs way out of making a fight bob didnt really want to make anyways unless it was under real good terms for bob
            Lots of fighters and all championship fighters get training camp expenses apart from their purse.

I donít think any fighter is afraid of any other fighter. Itís not how they are wired.

Putting over 4.5 mil into a main event shows ESPN isnít being cheap either. If Lůpez beats Loma he will he making over 2 mil a fight afterwards.

Comment

Disappointed in Lopez, he talked like he really wanted this fight. Doesn't seem to be the case. I guess we can forget about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                The word smart surely wasn't the right word,but I think he meant more lucrative (its possible hes right) & how many times have we seen ppl claim a fighter is stupid only for them to prove otherwise after by making more in the long run &/or their promoters budging? (I think what he says is pretty accurate that even if Teo delays the fight it might end up making him more in the long run.(obviously it would be a smarter choice to settle for a few hundred k more & make it now)(no different than Wilder with Dazn deal which allows him to stay with his crew while he made the same as he would've by signing with Dazn)

nahh...there's no guarantee this opportunity for lopez will still be there in the future. he could possibly lose his next fight and that is gone. even loma could lose and lopez will have no more interest to fight him. from $1.2M to $300K...where's the smart in that if the future is not guaranteed? it's a gamble yes, but smart? no way

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Lots of fighters and all championship fighters get training camp expenses apart from their purse.

I don’t think any fighter is afraid of any other fighter. It’s not how they are wired.

Putting over 4.5 mil into a main event shows ESPN isn’t being cheap either. If Lůpez beats Loma he will he making over 2 mil a fight afterwards.
                  But champ vs champ fights(lomas not a cashcow hes a decent earner in boxing standards) have always been based on percentages,& Teo Is lomas toughest test on paper due to size & power alone.(Teos the hardest puncher loma will have faced & hes undefeated coming off a huge ko in a fight he was the dog in afaik) In this situation normally the percentage split is close to 60/40,hell even cashcow Canelo had to way overpay ggg no ratings ass(remember ggg demanding half then 45% before 1st fight?)
                  Last edited by kushking; 08-04-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    nahh...there's no guarantee this opportunity for lopez will still be there in the future. he could possibly lose his next fight and that is gone. even loma could lose and lopez will have no more interest to fight him. from $1.2M to $300K...where's the smart in that if the future is not guaranteed? it's a gamble yes, but smart? no way
                    When have you ever seen a fighter take the 1st offer in a unification fight without asking for more & meeting in between?(every business deal ever),Teo is smart unless he loses the fight altogether (til that happens),the number is irrelevant,& imho he should be insisting on certain percentage of the purse rather than a number,after all hes just as legit of a champ as Loma at lw & Bob Harem is going to profit millions off espn deal he already signed. Espn is going to get surely record number viewer's for this fight imho & will sell shttons of adspace off it

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                      I kind of want to touch on what Arum said about trying to get the most amount of viewers possible by putting this on regular ESPN.

This would definitely be in front of millions of viewers. Is that kid really this dumb? Does he not realize that his popularity, his exposure, is going to rise exponentially? And if he beats Loma, then he's going to be the man of 2020 and 2021. I mean, how thick is this kid?

From the way I'm looking at it now, he either is as dumb as a rock or he had no intention of ever fighting Vasyl because he was all about riding Lomachenko's coattails to get a title shot with Commey.

If you think about it, the majority of the trash talking has been going on since COVID-19, when he was under the false belief that the fight was done. As soon as he heard Lomachenko was back in his home country, the trash talking went into overdrive.

This is pretty pathetic. This is the equivalent of badmouthing someone, then finding out he's standing right behind you, and you make a run for it.
                      100% agree. This kid is an idiot. Most 22 year olds are, but It's too bad his father is just as dumb. Beating Loma and becoming a top p4p is worth more than any money. Making 1.2m as a 22 year old in this sport is also ridiculously good. Honestly, I hope he eats the spoon full of ***** he is serving himself so we can all laugh at him.

Comment

Working...
                      X