Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ted Cheeseman Feels Like a New Man After Overcoming Gambling Addiction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ted Cheeseman Feels Like a New Man After Overcoming Gambling Addiction

Ted Cheeseman believes his battles with a gambling addiction outside the ring will make him a better fighter inside it. Cheeseman, the former British super-welterweight champion, faces Sam Eggington in the opening night of Fight Camp in the garden of Matchroom's headquarters in Brentwood, Essex, on Saturday, but he has had his own share of problems on both sides of the ropes.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm pleased a gambling addiction is no joke and you can lose a lot of cheddar very easily. I'm just hoping with all the pre-fight trash talk he doesn't end up with egg on his face. Should be a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
      I'm pleased a gambling addiction is no joke and you can lose a lot of cheddar very easily. I'm just hoping with all the pre-fight trash talk he doesn't end up with egg on his face. Should be a good fight
      Lol this fight is too ripe for food word puns. But I do commend the lad on overcoming it. I quit sports gambling JUST before covid shut it all down thankfully. Otherwise would have been a lot harder to quit cold turkey. Wasn't very tempting to wager in eSports or Russian table tennis or whatever the hell was left on the books.

Comment

I’m usually darting about after training, chasing a pound note
        Cheeky lad, he was born a decade after the actual Pound note ceased to exist.

Comment

He'll do his gambling inside the ring, betting one of his big hooks will hit the jackpot.

Comment

I've always been able to bet a few quid on a fight or a match without getting any compulsion to keep going but for people who are wired that way gambling addiction is a complete nightmare and can often lead to suicide. I hope he can stay on the right path for him now.

Comment

yeah betting all your money on yourself to win is no fun when u start losing, trick is train harder & better, win and retire with loads of cash, there u go, thats the blueprint for u and yes this is a cheesy grin

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post

Facts.

On the flip side, you can profit a lot if you gamble responsibly.

I love sports betting and am up, over my betting career.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Facts.

On the flip side, you can profit a lot if you gamble responsibly.

I love sports betting and am up, over my betting career.
                  Yeah, but most people can drink some alcohol and do some drugs without issue. Most people can gamble that way too. Some people can't, but there's also an issue in the UK (and I don't know how it is in other countries) where gambling companies actively chase compulsive gamblers.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                    Lol this fight is too ripe for food word puns. But I do commend the lad on overcoming it. I quit sports gambling JUST before covid shut it all down thankfully. Otherwise would have been a lot harder to quit cold turkey. Wasn't very tempting to wager in eSports or Russian table tennis or whatever the hell was left on the books.
                    I was wondering why I just went and grabbed a sandwich. This is subliminal messaging..

Comment

Working...
                    X