What makes Fury a special fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

Fury is a master boxer, no doubt about it.

No question.

Doesn't take a break down analysis to figure that out though. The proof is in the pudding.

He has no flaws, does everything exceptional, and has the intangibles.

Complete fighter gets overused, even I am guilty of it, but Fury is flawless from a technical standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

No question.

Doesn't take a break down analysis to figure that out though. The proof is in the pudding.

He has no flaws, does everything exceptional, and has the intangibles.

Complete fighter gets overused, even I am guilty of it, but Fury is flawless from a technical standpoint.
      Very true.

Anyone who doesn't recognise Fury's elite skills should follow another sport.

There's some more excellent analysis here, although it's old now, Fury has improved significantly since this article was written.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/3/4...eight-analysis

Comment

Based on what? What makes it so? He's special; For real? How long has he had that problem?

Comment

Let's talk about what makes Tyson "2 fast" Fury special.

Is it his ability to switch hit on a dime and finish an entire fight southpaw?

Is it his lightning fast hand speed, reduced to a blur as he lets his gifted hands go with ill intentions?

Is it his adamantium chin, which gives the impression that he can walk through bullets?

Is it his otherworldly recovery ability, reminiscent of Wolverine?

Is it the way he gracefully floats like a butterfly and stings like a nuclear warhead, making Ali look like Angulo in comparison?

Is it the way he sticks and moves, with the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose, slipping shots like Locche and ripping his opponent to pieces with combinations like SRL?

Is it his ability to decimate his opponent in a phone booth fight, slipping and rolling, ducking and countering, giving and taking?

Is it his fearlessness and blood lust, his willingness to stand in the line of fire, the heat of battle, to swim in dark, turbulent, stormy waters and trade shots will full steam, ready to die?

Discuss.
          - -Being born at a reputed 1 lb can of beans wt would fire up anyone who survived.

Comment

Let's talk about what makes Tyson "2 fast" Fury special.

Is it his ability to switch hit on a dime and finish an entire fight southpaw?

Is it his lightning fast hand speed, reduced to a blur as he lets his gifted hands go with ill intentions?

Is it his adamantium chin, which gives the impression that he can walk through bullets?

Is it his otherworldly recovery ability, reminiscent of Wolverine?

Is it the way he gracefully floats like a butterfly and stings like a nuclear warhead, making Ali look like Angulo in comparison?

Is it the way he sticks and moves, with the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose, slipping shots like Locche and ripping his opponent to pieces with combinations like SRL?

Is it his ability to decimate his opponent in a phone booth fight, slipping and rolling, ducking and countering, giving and taking?

Is it his fearlessness and blood lust, his willingness to stand in the line of fire, the heat of battle, to swim in dark, turbulent, stormy waters and trade shots will full steam, ready to die?

Discuss.
            I agree with most if not everything you've just said. However, my only argument with that would be his resume.

While I agree that the potential is definitely there for him to be a special fighter. However, he hasn't arrived yet. He still has a way to go before being considered among the greatest who have ever done it at the heavyweight division.

When I look at his resume I don't find anything special there. Granted, he has defeated Wladimir Klitschko but other than that he hasn't beaten anybody of importance or significance in his entire career.

The very same could be said about Deontay Wilder. I don't think that you can say he is more special than Anthony Joshua or Dillian Whyte because their resumes are a lot stronger than his.

Yes, he looks very special when he is fighting against limited opposition like: Pianeta, Seferi, Wallin, Schwarz and Deontay Wilder.

However, only time will reveal just how special he really is. I think right now he is being vastly overrated at the moment.

Comment

Does he have elite skills yes. However, the real question is does he have the discipline, dedication, will and commitment to the sport to be great.

Well Wladimir Klitschko doesn't seem to think so. He once called him "A fart in the wind". I question his mental fortitude and toughness.

Comment

I wouldn't say he's great......yet

For his size he moves very well and I think that's his greatest attribute.

His boxing skills are decent, But also a bit sloppy sometimes (His slappy jab/ landing jab with bottom of his wrist)

He's just a huge guy who can move well.

His resume ain't that great....yet

Time will tell. People calling him an ATG already are just Fury Fanatics.

"Wilder's a bum, he can't box all he has is power. He's a fraud" - Fury Fan

"Holy *****!!! Fury beat Wilder!!! He's an ATG man" - Fury Fan

etc

Comment

Originally posted by Lupara View Post

His boxing skills are decent, But also a bit sloppy sometimes (His slappy jab/ landing jab with bottom of his wrist)

etc
                  Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Lupara View Post

etc
                    Shut this thread down !

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Does he have elite skills yes. However, the real question is does he have the discipline, dedication, will and commitment to the sport to be great.

Well Wladimir Klitschko doesn't seem to think so. He once called him "A fart in the wind". I question his mental fortitude and toughness.
                      You need somewhat ''elite'' opponents to test your skills.

Fury has yet to fight an ''elite'' guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X