Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Fury a special fighter?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    You're right..... it's not just about getting on your toes and circling your opponent.

    Watch the Wilder 2 fight...... he applies pressure but is always ready to move backwards if Wilder throws a bomb.

    Beautiful footwork in the first two rounds.
    Absolutely.

    Its the subtle things; being able to shift and hold the majority of your weight on your back foot to absorb a glancing blow or slip back.

    What punches I can throw with steam at any given moment largely depends on where my weight is distributed and how low I am in my stance. I'm a shorter fighter so I take advantage of being able to fight at real low levels but Fury has that advantage where he can fight tall, but also make himself small if he wants to.

    Fury is always as you said above, ready to slip or roll, or eat a shot because he is always in position, in a good stance, and he is already thinking through the possibilities. High IQ fighters think and adapt in real time, and are planning a few steps ahead.

    There is a moment in the Chisora I fight where Fury has Chisora against the ropes and he switches southpaw and pivots to land a left but the shot he wants isn't there JUST like he wants it so he switches back and pivots the other way and throws the right hook instead, then resets by stepping back but only a small step that leaves him in range to keep landing straight down the middle. This is all in a matter of seconds. Very few active fighters across all divisions can do that.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Absolutely.

      Its the subtle things; being able to shift and hold the majority of your weight on your back foot to absorb a glancing blow or slip back.

      What punches I can throw with steam at any given moment largely depends on where my weight is distributed and how low I am in my stance. I'm a shorter fighter so I take advantage of being able to fight at real low levels but Fury has that advantage where he can fight tall, but also make himself small if he wants to.

      Fury is always as you said above, ready to slip or roll, or eat a shot because he is always in position, in a good stance, and he is already thinking through the possibilities. High IQ fighters think and adapt in real time, and are planning a few steps ahead.

      There is a moment in the Chisora I fight where Fury has Chisora against the ropes and he switches southpaw and pivots to land a left but the shot he wants isn't there JUST like he wants it so he switches back and pivots the other way and throws the right hook instead, then resets by stepping back but only a small step that leaves him in range to keep landing straight down the middle. This is all in a matter of seconds. Very few active fighters across all divisions can do that.
      I'm glad other people see it.

      The haters on here claim he's a cheat, or used dirty tactics to beat Wilder.

      I haven't actually seen ONE person on here discussing the technical stuff he done in the fight, to beat Wilder down.

      No one talking about his footwork, slipping bombs, (especially in the first two, before Wilder was dropped) and just very high ring IQ on show.

      Another great post from you, sir.

      On BS it can devolve into tit-for-tat and other things....... I love when people talk about the finer details of boxing.

      It wasn't called a science for no reason...... if you can't see the footwork and balance that elite fighters show then why are you even commenting on boxing forums?

      Comment


      • #33
        The best skilled heavyweight ever, only haters deny that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          I'm glad other people see it.

          The haters on here claim he's a cheat, or used dirty tactics to beat Wilder.

          I haven't actually seen ONE person on here discussing the technical stuff he done in the fight, to beat Wilder down.

          No one talking about his footwork, slipping bombs, (especially in the first two, before Wilder was dropped) and just very high ring IQ on show.

          Another great post from you, sir.

          On BS it can devolve into tit-for-tat and other things....... I love when people talk about the finer details of boxing.

          It wasn't called a science for no reason...... if you can't see the footwork and balance that elite fighters show then why are you even commenting on boxing forums?

          Agreed. Good post.

          People need to find ways to cope with hard losses I guess.

          I also expect him to fight like a desperate man in the 3rd fight, it is near impossible he can make enough real, lasting adjustments to his style to really have more than a punchers chance.

          Comment


          • #35
            He has heart....and desire..and a very good skill set and adaptability...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by denium View Post
              Here is a top breakdown video for anyone who wants to understand Fury's incredible footwork.

              [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
              This was a good watch, thanks for sharing. Since the guy has a good MMA following, its nice to know someone who does both sports knows a little boxing that MMA heads can pick up on.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                This was a good watch, thanks for sharing. Since the guy has a good MMA following, its nice to know someone who does both sports knows a little boxing that MMA heads can pick up on.
                This guy knows what he's talking about.

                Fury is a master boxer, no doubt about it.

                Comment


                • #38
                  cheating.














                  .

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Before Klitschko fight I felt like Fury was B level at best and I was sure Wladimir would destroy him inside 5 rounds. I have liked Fury since first Chisora fight, but Klitschko fight made me believe he was elite.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Watcherw1 View Post
                      cheating
                      Fury doesn't need to cheat to school these bums, he's levels above everyone else.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I would love to see Fury fighting Joshua, Ruiz, Usyk, Whyte, Povetkin, Dubois, before he retires. i doubt Warren will sacrifice Dubois to Fury.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          If Luke himself says you're wrong. He's tested positive multiple times along with tampering his gloves, in turn with an illegal blow in the Steve Cunningham fight

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Watcherw1 View Post
                            If Luke himself says you're wrong. He's tested positive multiple times along with tampering his gloves, in turn with an illegal blow in the Steve Cunningham fight
                            The only people who tested positive multiple times is your boy Dillian Whyte lol.

                            The glove tampering allegations are laughable, not a single mainstream journalist has even entertained it, and its been completely debunked by multiple experts.

                            As for Cunningham, he got KO'd fair and square, just like how Fury will KO that bum Whyte when he eventually decides to give him a payday.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              No fighter can be truly special without special fans.









                              Comment


                              • #45
                                when was whyte my boy? you are correct though, whyte tested positive twice. No, fury tested positive for nadralone. wrong again, fury got into the ring with a detached thumb. wrong again, experts including charles martin, errol spence, steve cunningham, jeff mayweather and dewey cooper say he could have cheated. anthony dirrell is another expert who considers this. there are photos and the video showing furys gloves flopping in the wind like an egg weight and in the second fight the padding being smushed up and balled up, looking indented. lets not also forget martin carefoot. to finally debunk you, Eddie Cotton thinks tyson fury is one of the dirtiest fighters he's seen in over 20 years of being a boxing referee.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                TOP