Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Planning Four-Man Lightweight Tournament To Establish Mandatory Challenger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBO Planning Four-Man Lightweight Tournament To Establish Mandatory Challenger

Another tournament is being eyed by the World Boxing Organization. Given the current struggles to establish a mandatory challenger in the lightweight division, the San Juan, Puerto Rico-headquartered sanctioning body is in the process of ordering a box-off between the four highest rated available contenders. The decision was made by the WBO brass after failing to line up its desired title eliminator earlier this week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good. Somebody might care then.

Comment

Tagoe/Berinchyk and Andreev/Walsh, winners meet. Boom, done

Comment

Why not just do Tagoe vs Berinchyk for the final eliminator?

Comment

Sweet.

I am all in in this Lightweight WBO tournament.

Comment

So at 126 and 130 we just install #1 contenders (who just happen to also be TR fighters) and at 135 they got to fight it out between 4 of 'em for who gets the right to challenge the TR fighter?

In general terms I approve FWIW, should be good, but eliminators and mini-tourneys are what we should be seeing across the board, rather than the exception. However my cynicism over the WBOs different handling of the situations across different divisions should be evident.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-13-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Why not just do Tagoe vs Berinchyk for the final eliminator?
              Why indeed? I like the idea of a tourney, of course, but it's hard not be a little cynical of the WBOs motives here.

Comment

Working...
              X