Gervonta Davis is beefing with Mayweather over training Devin Haney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I get Tank being like wtf, but hasn't Tank turned down coming to work with someone at Mayweather's Gym that would likely include consulting with Floyd much more often in the past? Can't get THAT mad about sh^t when that's the case & you wanted to stick with your people.

That said he could probably get Floyd training him full time if he wanted to now & all this Devin stuff would stop on a dime. I just doubt he wants to reallllllly. Devin definitely seems more dedicated to staying in shape & learning than Tank is. Tank is already getting sidetracked by the celebrity of his status. I doubt when/if Devin reaches such heights he'll be coming in overweight multiple fights & seemingly be as unfocused during training camps as Tank is rumored to be.
    Tank was also messing around with Mayweather's ex, Yaya.

Comment

Unlike Chubby Tank, Devin Haney actually "LISTENS" and he wants to Learn from a Legend. While Tank, when Mayweather suggested he moved to Vegas he didn't want to do it which is fine but I do think originally Mayweather wanted to take him under his wing and really mentor him and pass his knowledge to him

A lot of these Legends are willing to teach but that next generation act like a bunch of "Know It All's" who get a attitude when you correct them and tell them they wrong about something

Bill Haney made it a priority to have his son around Roy Jones Jr and The Mayweather's at a young age and I would say it is paying off now big time
      Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Whatever you feel like losing. God will deliver Tank to Leo's hands.
        Oh yeah. Let me think on it.

Comment

I get Tank being like wtf, but hasn't Tank turned down coming to work with someone at Mayweather's Gym that would likely include consulting with Floyd much more often in the past? Can't get THAT mad about sh^t when that's the case & you wanted to stick with your people.

That said he could probably get Floyd training him full time if he wanted to now & all this Devin stuff would stop on a dime. I just doubt he wants to reallllllly. Devin definitely seems more dedicated to staying in shape & learning than Tank is. Tank is already getting sidetracked by the celebrity of his status. I doubt when/if Devin reaches such heights he'll be coming in overweight multiple fights & seemingly be as unfocused during training camps as Tank is rumored to be.
          Tank is most definitely getting sidetracked. It's effecting his weight, which in turn will effect what his camps are dedicated to, weight loss camp or skills training camp. But as far as his actual skill set goes, I can understand why he'd decline Floyd. His coaches seem to be doing very well with him. But I don't believe that's the main factor to his decision to refuse to go to Vegas. His celebrity status in the DMV is probably the driving force behind staying. His emotion is both warranted and unwarranted. In the end it makes for a interesting future for all parties involved.

Comment

Tank is not disciplined, has yes man around him (floyd wouldn't fold), wants the $$$ without hard work and doesn't seem to respect floyd while haney listens to floyd, is disciplined, wants to put in the work and wants to chase greatness. That's the difference. If tank is jealous, it's his own fault. Haney is not ready for the mega fights as he still has flaws that he needs to work on such as controlling his opponent with his lead hand and not having an active guard, which I think can be corrected by floyd if he sticks around.

I feel that haney should sign with mayweather promotions and ditch that fiend eddie hearn. Eddie hearn does not know how to utilise such a talent and seem more interested in AJ/youtuber fights.

Comment

Floyd is a business man, and Tank is not a worthy investment of his time or money over the long haul. Tank will lose the moment he is forced to step up to a real threat at 135, and then whatever momentum or stock he has will plummet. Haney keeps himself out of trouble, and strikes me as a more disciplined fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Floyd is a business man, and Tank is not a worthy investment of his time or money over the long haul. Tank will lose the moment he is forced to step up to a real threat at 135, and then whatever momentum or stock he has will plummet. Haney keeps himself out of trouble, and strikes me as a more disciplined fighter.
                I've been saying this for years. Tanks talented but he's a punk. He's not trying to be great, he's already satisfied with his accomplishments. Haney's talented and hungry.

Comment

I'm not sure why Davis has an opiniom on this. Floyd is trying to build a stable, like any promoter. Other fighters don't have to like other guys on the roster, but it's good for a promoter to have multiple talented, good draws in the stable.

Davis invoking Diva privileges, without really looking at why. The old, "you better not look at any others" girlfriend creed.

Comment

Spot on post

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Unlike Chubby Tank, Devin Haney actually "LISTENS" and he wants to Learn from a Legend. While Tank, when Mayweather suggested he moved to Vegas he didn't want to do it which is fine but I do think originally Mayweather wanted to take him under his wing and really mentor him and pass his knowledge to him

A lot of these Legends are willing to teach but that next generation act like a bunch of "Know It All's" who get a attitude when you correct them and tell them they wrong about something

Bill Haney made it a priority to have his son around Roy Jones Jr and The Mayweather's at a young age and I would say it is paying off now big time
                      Remember when Floyd bought Tank a house for him to get out of the hood only for Tank to sell it and get.back to the h
                      Ghetto.

Comment

Working...
                      X