Do YOU see nationality/race in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ////
    replied
    It depends on which fighters are involved.

I don't think I've ever watched a random Cuban and a random Russian box and asked myself which genetics I'm rooting for. Far more interested in seeing how those styles work against each other.

If it's someone like "superior black race" Joshua then yeah, why wouldn't you want someone who hates your family to leave in a coma?

It's a specific problem with one subculture though (black UK/US boxers). Nobody else ever seems to participate.
    Last edited by ////; 03-22-2020, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    There's only one demographic on NSB that recognizes nationality/race and we all know who they are.

Leave a comment:

• QballLobo
    replied
    I only see one race, the HUMAN race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• redmish
    replied
    The colour of someone's skin never comes into it for me but I do support British fighters first. I wont lie about that.

Leave a comment:

• KillaMane26
    replied
    If the person is from my city or state im gonna be biased no matter what color

Leave a comment:

• Szef
    replied
    And yes, I do.

Leave a comment:

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    Nationally yes, colour or race no. I tend to support Brits against none Brits, but there are a good few British fighters I don't like and want then knocked out by who ever and where ever they are from.

I dont do the colour thing though. I wouldn't like Joshua more than I like Fury because AJ is black and Fury is white. Both are Brits and I like them both.

It's like Wilder is AFRO American and Malignalli is Italian American. NOT TO Me, wilder is American and so is Paulie.

I'm all about nationalistic pride and although I can see different colours or creeds it don't mean anything. Nothing wrong at all with being proud of and knowing your heritage but I'd never pick a black man over a white man or visa versa based on their colour.

Leave a comment:

• .!WAR MIKEY!.
    replied
    I see no race when I watch boxing, I root for fighter I like based off the preferred style/attitude I like to watch and thats it. It sad when bigots try to turn it on you as if your racist cause you aint rooting for the fighter they like lol.

Leave a comment:

• Stev3
    replied
    Nope but it is always brought up

Leave a comment:

• Real King Kong
    replied
    I didnít pay much attention to it at all until I started reading these boards. The ignorant racists on here make sure I canít simply enjoy the sport without involving race in everything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X