Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Wilder, Canelo-Saunders, Chocolatito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Wilder, Canelo-Saunders, Chocolatito

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns, with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the numerous conspiracy theories regarding the Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder rematch, the career of Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

People need to lose the myth that Fury is a non puncher. Dave Allen who has sparred many rounds with Fury and Joshua, says Fury hits harder, Tom Little has sparred everyone in England and says Price, followed narrowly by Fury, but that Fury was holding back a bit on him and probably hits as hard as Price.

When Fury goes for it with the intent to cause damage, he has massive power. I've heard people say in the past that Ortiz and Parker are much harder punches than Fury, when in reality Fury hits twice as hard as both.

The thing is, if something gets said enough times, then people start to believe it. Sheep saying Fury is feather fisted everyone starts to believe it. Kanye West calling himself a genius 50,000 times, people start to believe it, despite the fact that to me, he is borderline braindead.

Comment

Good argument bread put up for Gatti being in the hof but sorry, I can't see it. Being an action fighter doesn't make up for being a limited fighter with no real wins over elite competition. He lost 3 in a row to Robinson and Manfredy in his prime and got absolutely washed against the elite names he faced. If he's a hall of famer, I could make strong arguments that both ricardo Mayorga and Fernando Vargas should be in the hof in comparison. Both have better wins in their resume than Gatti and for the most part both only lost against truly elite fighters in their primes....yet neither will sniff the hof.

Comment

I agree the sht media needs to be held to a higher standard. They’re FAKE NEWS trying to be the news instead of just reporting it...

Comment

I agree with Bread's evaluation of the first Wilder Fury fight. A draw was not a robbery IMO. The second fight was all Fury. Wilder needs to do some serious work on his boxing in order to beat Fury in light of that second fight. He can't allow Fury to manhandle him like that. He need to use his jab. Dewey Cooper made an astute observation that Wilder turns his head when he gets jabbed. That led to the right hand that caught him and put him down. Wilder needs to improve his defense, use his jab and commit to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            People need to lose the myth that Fury is a non puncher.
            He's not a non puncher, but he doesn't hit as hard as AJ/Ortiz who throw hard straight shots. Fury doesn't load up or generate a lot of power because he's always moving or throwing looping or pitty pat shots.
            Dave Allen also said he boxed Joshua's head off in sparring

Comment

Sonny Liston should be on the street fighter list.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad01 View Post
                He's not a non puncher, but he doesn't hit as hard as AJ/Ortiz who throw hard straight shots. Fury doesn't load up or generate a lot of power because he's always moving or throwing looping or pitty pat shots.
                Dave Allen also said he boxed Joshua's head off in sparring
                Allen never said that, if he did it was in jest as I have heard him talk about his sparring with Joshua a lot. Fury does throw those pitty patty scoring shots, but what I'm saying his is max power, and that is way harder than what Ortiz hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I agree the sht media needs to be held to a higher standard. They’re FAKE NEWS trying to be the news instead of just reporting it...
                  Breadman has been on LDBC shows...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    I agree with Bread's evaluation of the first Wilder Fury fight. A draw was not a robbery IMO. The second fight was all Fury. Wilder needs to do some serious work on his boxing in order to beat Fury in light of that second fight. He can't allow Fury to manhandle him like that. He need to use his jab. Dewey Cooper made an astute observation that Wilder turns his head when he gets jabbed. That led to the right hand that caught him and put him down. Wilder needs to improve his defense, use his jab and commit to it.
                    When you watch the fight carefully it is pretty hard to give Wilder 5 rounds TBH.

I'm a big fan but Bread sliding a bit iMO

Comment

Working...
                    X