Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joshua Has My Leftovers, I Never Lost Those Belts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    When boxing historians look back they will see that Tyson Fury ended the Klitschko era. Not Anthony Joshua.
    Thats true, but then they will also see that right after he got popped for PEDs, pretended to retire at 27 and never defended. How the rest of the story goes remains to be seen. Hes talking about retiring again though, if he quits the sport in his early 30s without fighting AJ for unification then rightly or wrongly in 20-30 years its going to look like he pulled a Riddick Bowe. I hope that doesnt happen.

Leave a comment:

• D4thincarnation
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    BWaHaahaHA!!

His resume isn't even as good as Joshua's at the moment. Joshua has beaten more top 10 fighters than Fury, Wilder and Ortiz combined.

Do you know anything about quantum physics?

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by denium View Post
    Joshua has never beaten a real champion, thus he's a plastic champion.

I've just checked the world rankings and Fury is #1. Joshua should really be #3 considering he's never beaten a top 2 opponent.
    Top 3 may be even a stretch if weíre talking reality, but i suppose itís fair to put him at 3 on the basis of having those belts again, even if it meant running circles around the ring against a sloth.

The truth is top 3 heavyweights donít get beaten around the ring, round after round off a fringe contender like Ruiz. Getting wiped out with a shot like Lewis did, fair enough it could happen to anyone, but getting smashed round after round by someone like Ruiz is not really top 3 material.

Once AJ getís relieved of those belts again, he should probably be ranked just above guys like Breazeale. Past wins over 40 year old Povetkin types shouldnít allow you float around the top of the rankings.

Itís hard to even pinpoint an impressive AJ win yet. Is his win over Parker much good? He had to get the ref to help him beat a guy that arguably lost to Hughie Fury. Wlad was a Fury leftover. Povetkin is old and went life and death with a cruiserweight not long ago and hasnít looked good in 5 years since he was juicing.

AJís resume starts looking weaker and weaker when you really talk reality. Especially in contrast to Fury ending reigns of long standing champs and guys considered at the top of the division.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-05-2020, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• denium
    replied
    Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    I've checked the world rankings. Anthony Joshua is the unified world champion and tyson fury isn't.

Fury got them all took off him and Anthony Joshua won them. So it's lovely that nobody beat Fury but facts are facts.
    Joshua has never beaten a real champion, thus he's a plastic champion.

I've just checked the world rankings and Fury is #1. Joshua should really be #3 considering he's never beaten a top 2 opponent.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    Why is Tyson Fury retiring as soon as he gets his belts back? I have asked you this question before, It seems like he is copping out as soon as things are getting serious? Tyson Fury as a champion has now entered into a different realm of performance, he is on every-bodies radar 'Can he deal with this type of pressure?'

Tyson Fury is number 1 at this time, I just find him far to easily wanting to fade out of the game 'Fury is not really acting like a champion at all'.
    AJ has beaten Povetkin, Parker etc..but gets no real credit because he hasn’t beaten a Fury or Wilder type.

Wilder beat Ortiz, but get’s no credit because he didn’t beat Fury or AJ.

Wilder has 10 defences or something and get’s little credit because they weren’t against the other very top guys, until Fury come along.

Wlad had 10000 defences but people slate his reign.

So when Fury beats AJ after he’s beaten Wilder, what is it really going to do for him to start beating the lesser fighters? If AJ and Wilder aren’t getting credit for decent wins, then the best HW of his era isn’t going to.

It’ll get like Floyd where he could beat very good opponents that would a great win for other fighters, and people still won’t give any credit.

If you have beaten the top guys around and want to retire, i think it’s fair enough. Fighting lesser fighters than the ones you’ve already beaten isn’t going to make much difference, as we’ve seen with others.

Leave a comment:

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    I've checked the world rankings. Anthony Joshua is the unified world champion and tyson fury isn't.

Fury got them all took off him and Anthony Joshua won them. So it's lovely that nobody beat Fury but facts are facts.

Leave a comment:

• Chrismart
    replied
    Iíve already been undisputed champion of the world when I beat Klitschko, I had all the belts,Ē Fury said on The Morning.
    Not quite.

Leave a comment:

• PRINCEKOOL
    replied
    Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Can’t say he’s wrong

AJ picked up a load of easy belts, lost them getting flattened by an obese fringe contender, then got them back by running around the ring
    Why is Tyson Fury retiring as soon as he gets his belts back? I have asked you this question before, It seems like he is copping out as soon as things are getting serious? Tyson Fury as a champion has now entered into a different realm of performance, he is on every-bodies radar 'Can he deal with this type of pressure?'

Tyson Fury is number 1 at this time, I just find him far to easily wanting to fade out of the game 'Fury is not really acting like a champion at all'.

Leave a comment:

• PRINCEKOOL
    replied
    Why is Tyson Fury retiring again as soon as he gets the belts? Just seems like he is copping out, as soon as things are getting serious etc

Tyson Fury right now is the number 1 heavyweight, but he has done nothing as a champion 'Champion's defend their belts'. Tyson Fury is now on everyone's radar, can he deal with this type of pressure? If you want to be a all-time great these are the conditions you need to prove yourself under etc

Leave a comment:

• Boxviewer
    replied
    A real champion is the one who has successfully defended his title multiple times in the ring. You can impossible say that Fury has done that yet.....so far he's a pretender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X