Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Roman: I Came Up Short, I Want Akhmadaliev Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Roman: I Came Up Short, I Want Akhmadaliev Rematch

Miami, Florida - For the IBF, WBA super bantamweight titles, Murodjon Akhmadaliev (8-0, 6 KOs) became a unified champion by winning a twelve round split decision over Daniel Roman (27-3-1, 10 KOs). The scores were 115-113 for Roman, 115-113 for Akhmadaliev, and 115-113 for Akhmadaliev. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

'The plan changed at the last minute', basically he got an injury?

Comment

Don't you have an immediate rematch clause in the contract you signed for the fight?

Comment

Strange Danny doesn't have a rematch clause. I know it's mando but inhouse fights, even if mandos, usually have rematch clauses.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          Strange Danny doesn't have a rematch clause. I know it's mando but inhouse fights, even if mandos, usually have rematch clauses.
          I don't really know, but I was under the impression mandatory challengers usually don't sign rematch clauses because they don't need it to get the fight.

Comment

Akhmadaliev should defend the title once and go for unification...

Comment

Danny knows how to lose. He got out hussled by a guy with no real advantage, just a better will to win. I was talking Roman up before the fight, but I could see doubt in his attitude and backed off. Roman talks like a sparring partner and allowed Akhmo to lead, but had the strength to close strong. Roman could have fought like the 12th round all night, but his mind isn't right.

Comment

Roman is a class act. I feel he won the fight in many ways but I aint a paid judge. If I was it would at least be honest. Seems people forget we are talking about a championship fight. Judges need to remember to view it that way. Shouldnt be so easy to rob the title holder. Anyway Roman gave MJ a shot when others would not and if MJ don't return the favor with an Immediate rematch, all the respect I gained for the tough Buztek is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                  I don't really know, but I was under the impression mandatory challengers usually don't sign rematch clauses because they don't need it to get the fight.
                  They don't unless the champ puts one in. Example: The reason the Joshua camp is avoiding a purse bid with the Pulev camp is because it would come with the split already mandated, and no rematch clause. Joshua wants a better split and a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    They don't unless the champ puts one in. Example: The reason the Joshua camp is avoiding a purse bid with the Pulev camp is because it would come with the split already mandated, and no rematch clause. Joshua wants a better split and a rematch.
                    Makes sense. That way the challenger at least has the option to let it go to a purse bid if he's not happy with the terms being discussed, which or may not include a rematch clause.

Comment

Working...
                    X