Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Not Sold on Offering 50-50 Split To Wilder-Fury Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, Joshua's mission is to become a billionaire.

Wilder wants "one champion, one face, one name."

Two different men with two different goals.

Comment

His way of backing out the fight...i mean i dont blame him he was down 4-5 times against ruiz jr who ia not top 5

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is not sold on the scenario of offering a 50-50 revenue split to the winner of next month's rematch between WBC champion Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury. Fury will challenge Wilder on February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        ... "I want it all, I want 70 percent. I just made the biggest in the comeback that the world has seen in our boxing history", Joshua said...

I guess Hearn and Joshua are just playing the "good cop, bad cop" game... I think that they would both finally "agree" over a 60-40 or 55/45 split, plus their own venue and broadcast (i.e. Saudi Arabia and DAZN)...

Comment

Hey if Fury or Wilder dont like it and feel like they are are just as big and popular as Joshua there is nothing to stop them and their handlers making Joshua some offers. Neither ever have. Wilder put that joke 50 million one out there but then him and his team refused any correspondence regarding the offer. It was as good as no offer being made at all if they wont tell anybody what that offer is.

They dont want to accept Joshua offers and they dont want to come back with any offers of their own. They have so far wanted no part of joshua, just stay a distance away and talk crap about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            Remember, Joshua's mission is to become a billionaire.

Wilder wants "one champion, one face, one name."

Two different men with two different goals.
            If that was true Wilder wouldn't be turning down offers. Wilder is doing what Haymon tells him like a good little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... "I want it all, I want 70 percent. I just made the biggest in the comeback that the world has seen in our boxing history", Joshua said...

I guess Hearn and Joshua are just playing the "good cop, bad cop" game... I think that they would both finally "agree" over a 60-40 or 55/45 split, plus their own venue and broadcast (i.e. Saudi Arabia and DAZN)...
              Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Thats not how it works lol.... at least know what you’re talking about. The main reason that Ronaldo and Messi get paid more is because they are far more marketable and sell way more football jerseys, football boots etc...... the premier league gets way more money than La Liga for broadcasting rights because more people watch it, not because it’s proven to be better in terms of quality.

Joshua has lost to Ruiz but that has not significantly affected his marketability, more people still watch him and he’s the reason why Saudi and other foreign sites are putting up stupid money for the undisputed fight.
              ... I guess that the Saudis would pay for the match and the rematch, as well... this would result into Joshua and his opponent to pocket at least £ 150 million each...

Comment

So is he pricing himself out of a Fury and Wilder fight?? If so what a total b1tch

Comment

I was quite surprised to hear AJ say that, though it did sound quite orchestrated. I mean 50-50 is a very hard sell given the poor numbers from fury and less than inspiring wilder ppv numbers. If their next fight does less than a million buys, i'm not really sure how tf the negotiations even start.

I think what will need to happen is AJ has to concede the lions share, ignore the fact he's generating 2 to 3 times more than the potential opponent and just accept it. Wilder/Fury camp will need to concede the side of the street and agree to fight on DAZN.

That's the only way I can see 50-50 being negotiated.

I do think however that Wilder is far less money orientated than Fury or AJ though. I legitimately think he'd rather take 50-50 of 100 million, than 40-60 of 150 million.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                    So is he pricing himself out of a Fury and Wilder fight?? If so what a total b1tch
                    The guy that just made more in 1 fight than Wilder and Fury have in their entire careers is pricing himself out? What ya smoking?

Comment

I wonder if Wilder has a clause in the Fury contract that allows him to forgo the trilogy and fight AJ. I wonder if learning this has changed AJ stance. I mean he has negotiated with Wilder before and knows that 70-30 doesn't get it done. A similar argument can be made with regarding Fury.

Also, why does AJ think that losing to Ruiz and then "boxing" to a boring decision win made him a bigger draw?

Comment

Working...
                      X