Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N/A
    replied
    Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    There is no benefit to PBC to show a Josh Taylor fight. That's a waste of money. Let's say he got 2 million views on Fox. Then he goes back to ESPN. So tell me how it benefits PBC to show a Josh Taylor fight?
    If Taylor loses, it's a huge blow to ESPN and a huge gain for PBC. ESPN loses two world titles and PBC gains two world titles. And they're not WBO titles, they're "big 3" belts. The ones Fox wants. PBC also has Postol, the mandatory to the WBC belt at 140, against a champion who also has the WBO. So while you're right that PBC has no top fighters at 140, they do now have the challengers in the next WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO title fights at that weight. They win one of those two fights and they suddenly have huge power in the division.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    A UK subscription channel called Premier Sports out of the blue showed the Charlo and Eubank Jr December card. Theyve now teamed up and revived Boxnation, who now show all Showtime and Fox cards.

Theres more to this.
    I'd be shocked if Arum let's another US broadcaster carry this fight.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Cunning
    replied
    Arum wants Taylor on his platform in the US. He's going to buy the rights to that fight.
    The event
    UK tv money
    ESPN tv money
    Sampson will make good money because Taylor is a hot commodity right now. And I'm sure the fight will be shown in Thailand also.
    A UK subscription channel called Premier Sports out of the blue showed the Charlo and Eubank Jr December card. Theyve now teamed up and revived Boxnation, who now show all Showtime and Fox cards.

Theres more to this.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    and just a couple years ago they had nothing at 160 and now they have the WBC champion and the soon to be WBA champion.

sampson could not out bid top rank without haymon either funding or promising to get a TV date for the fight.
    There is no benefit to PBC to show a Josh Taylor fight. That's a waste of money. Let's say he got 2 million views on Fox. Then he goes back to ESPN. So tell me how it benefits PBC to show a Josh Taylor fight?

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    I dont think anyone in the UK will buy the fight off him at that price. Arum was bidding US money, whilst hes bidding UK money. It doesnt add up, theres gotta be more to it.
    Arum wants Taylor on his platform in the US. He's going to buy the rights to that fight.
    The event
    UK tv money
    ESPN tv money
    Sampson will make good money because Taylor is a hot commodity right now. And I'm sure the fight will be shown in Thailand also.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Talk Radio
    replied
    Originally posted by famicommander View Post
    He changed promoters and then they got outbid in his first fight?
    Because Bob Arum doesn't care about anyone except Fury at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• N/A
    replied
    This has nothing to do with Haymon. Sampson just signed this guy a couple of weeks ago. Even if he wins he has no value to Haymon or PBC because this is the 140 division where they don't have any of the top fighters.
    and just a couple years ago they had nothing at 160 and now they have the WBC champion and the soon to be WBA champion.

sampson could not out bid top rank without haymon either funding or promising to get a TV date for the fight.

Leave a comment:

• Randall Cunning
    replied
    He makes money off the event in Scotland and TV rights. Losing the purse bid all he gets is a cut of the purse.
    I dont think anyone in the UK will buy the fight off him at that price. Arum was bidding US money, whilst hes bidding UK money. It doesnt add up, theres gotta be more to it.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Of what benefit would that be to outbid him for it to be put in his lap again....
    He makes money off the event in Scotland and TV rights. Losing the purse bid all he gets is a cut of the purse.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    Where do u think Sampson got the funding?

Sign the fighter and then call for a purse bid and beat Top Rank.

Thats a power move, by a powerhorse. That powerhorse is PBC/Haymon.
    So we can expect this fight to be on a PBC broadcast?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X