Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The 2010s in the Rankings: The Top Twenty of the Decade - #20-16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The 2010s in the Rankings: The Top Twenty of the Decade - #20-16

By Cliff Rold - Who did they beat? When assessing the careers of boxing's best, it's often the first question fans, pundits, history buffs, and even other fighters turn to when trying to split the difference between the best of the sport. At the dawn of a new decade, there has been much discussion about the battler with the best run over the previous...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great article. The method, although debatable, is very "scientific" and I like that, as well.

Comment

Cliff is just trolling now

Comment

Very good read!

I feel the amount of caveats will be disturbing. Ex. "technically" Bradley has a W over Pacquiao. In reality he got whooped 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
          Great article. The method, although debatable, is very "scientific" and I like that, as well.
          Definitely debateable but as long as you clearly explain your methodolgy and are consistent with it then you've done as good a job as you can. It's the best way to eliminate crap like what I call exposure bias - the inevitable propensity we all have to rate the fighters in the prestige divisions or who get the most airtime more highly even if they ain't actually done more in respoect to their own division(s).

Nice way to approach things actually - like Boxrec, for all the crap they get on here actually have a consistent and well though out methodology even if you can take issue with some of their algorithms and the inevitable eye-openers caused by having to follow official results.

Also gives us a nice look back over the decade, remind us of some of the dudes who have left the sport over these last 10 years and some of the great fights they've given us...

In fact it'd be real nice to do a recap and pick out 20 top fights of the decade as well... you hearing me cliff?

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            Very good read!

I feel the amount of caveats will be disturbing. Ex. "technically" Bradley has a W over Pacquiao. In reality he got whooped 3 times.
            True that loooool

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Cliff Rold - Who did they beat? When assessing the careers of boxing's best, it's often the first question fans, pundits, history buffs, and even other fighters turn to when trying to split the difference between the best of the sport. At the dawn of a new decade, there has been much discussion about the battler with the best run over the previous...
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I enjoy your articles Cliff but Nietes in the top 20 of the Decade? Over Rigo even? Say it ain't so!!!

Comment

Good read on the whole. Two things stand out for me in the article. I remember watching Rigo's masterclass and hoping he would go on to have many big fights after that, what a let down his career as been and honestly, coming in at 20 flatters him.

The second thing that stands out is listing that Roman Gonzalez's first loss on points was hotly debated? Having his biggest fanboys cry robbery does not mean the fight was hotly debated. It was a clear 2-3 points loss. The second loss was a beat down from the first bell till the end. Let's not gloss over things or kid ourselves.

Hotly debated!? LMAO.

Comment

Give Cliff credit for putting together a system that at least holds everyone to an equal standard.

Comment

Great read Cliff - many thanks - and also many kudos for the amount of research this must have taken. Bloody hell!

Comment

Working...
                    X