Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury vs. Wilder II Prediction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a narrative that fury can't punch and a KO is unlikely...... Fury can put it on Wilder inside, wear him down and stop him from accumulation of punches.

I think he can mess up Wilder, he is certainly gifted enough with the jab and inside fighting.

Fury can get caught, dropped, yes..... but he is not getting beaten up by Wilder..... not a chance.

If Fury puts it on Wilder early I can see an early stoppage, if it goes longer then Wilder will get beaten up. Wilder has a punchers chance but will not win any rounds unless he catches and drops Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      I was looking for a thread like this and can't find it.

My pick for the first fight was that, if Fury was anywhere near what he was, he'd win by TKO round 10.

As I'm assuming he will have improved on his condition in the first fight, I'll stick with that prediction.

But what do you guys have?
      - -Two unknown wild cards going at it.

When Fury beat the greatest record setting heavy of his generation, Wlad, he then melted before the rematch that he clearly would've lost, so >>> and AJ now holds all those belts in record setting performances.

Deyonce and Fury now the grade Bs scrapping for the peanuts at their levels, clearly a 50-50 fight for a TBA belt.

Long time contender Pulev looks to upset the works with his 2nd big fight for all the belts. Not likely an upset, but that fight easier to call.

Comment

If Fury comes in fully committed mentally and physically, with lean muscle mass and not having been hitting the bars, provided he makes this an ugly inside-a-phonebooth fight, then I think he defeats Wilder by decision or TKO.

If Fury has been messing around and not taking things seriously, or if he fights on the outside like he did the first time, then I think Wilder lands some heavy shots and the fight is waved off.

Could go either way.

Exciting fight seeing as both men have some amazing talents alongside glaring weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          There seems to be a narrative that fury can't punch and a KO is unlikely...... Fury can put it on Wilder inside, wear him down and stop him from accumulation of punches.

I think he can mess up Wilder, he is certainly gifted enough with the jab and inside fighting.

Fury can get caught, dropped, yes..... but he is not getting beaten up by Wilder..... not a chance.

If Fury puts it on Wilder early I can see an early stoppage, if it goes longer then Wilder will get beaten up. Wilder has a punchers chance but will not win any rounds unless he catches and drops Fury.
          Exactly.

I've never understood NSB world where you're either a one-shot KO artist or "feather fisted", with nothing in between. (I even saw AJ described as a light puncher the other week, just because he can't crack as hard as Wilder).

If Fury had no pop at all, then Wilder would have just tried to walk through him. There were certainly occasions in the fight where, while he perhaps didn't hurt Wilder, he got his attention.

Comment

Wilder seems to do well in his rematches. I think Fury needs to do something different as Wilder knows what he is facing, if he tries to stay on the outside for 12 round again which I think he will, I really believe he’ll get caught again and this this time he’ll get finished off.

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
              Wilder seems to do well in his rematches. I think Fury needs to do something different as Wilder knows what he is facing, if he tries to stay on the outside for 12 round again which I think he will, I really believe he’ll get caught again and this this time he’ll get finished off.
              He hasn't rematched any proven and prime fighters though..... fighters with momentum and good wins under their belt...... I take nothing from him smashing Stiverne or taking Ortiz seven rounds and KO'ing him, again.

Comment

Okay, pretty much a 50-50 fight right now, with the narrative seeming to follow the pattern that Fury wins on points unless Wilder gets the KO.

Comment

I got wilder by ko late rounds
                  Fury is not gonna be able to keep him at bay for 12 rounds

Comment

Wilder by ko in the mid rounds. Fury will be winning on the scorecards though. If he can make it to the final bell Fury will win by UD. It's going to be a good scrap either way.

Comment

Both guys notably heavier than the first fight. That’s the key. I don’t know to what though lmao.

For Fury does that imply that he is serious in going for the ko or does it mean that his leg injuries has been so bad he hasn’t been able to do enough cardio in camp? Give me the answer to that question and I will give you the winner.

I have no idea why Wilder came in heavier. Surely that takes some speed away from his punches which from the outside makes that move look stupid. There might be a good reason for it that I don’t see.... lol.

If I was to make the pick with a gun to my head then.... ahhh fck it. Fury by knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X