Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Arrives at 160, Stops O'Sullivan in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Arrives at 160, Stops O'Sullivan in Eleventh

Golden Boy will kick off the 2020 year with an exciting battle between Mexico and Ireland as Jaime Munguia (34-0, 27 KOs) makes his middleweight debut against Gary “Spike” O’Sullivan (30-3, 21 KOs) in a 12-round bout on Saturday, Jan. 11 at The Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. This fight will be streamed live exclusively on DAZN.

Munguia is a 23-year-old boxer of Tijuana, Mexico who catapulted to the highest levels of the 154-pound division by knocking out Sadam "World Kid" Ali in May to capture the WBO Junior Middleweight World Title. Munguia then defended his title against Liam "Beefy" Smith, Brandon "Bad Boy" Cook, Takeshi Inoue, Dennis Hogan and Patrick Allotey. After five defenses at junior middleweight, Munguia is ready to take on new challenges in the very stacked division of 160 pounds.

O’Sullivan is a 35-year-old contender who is known for his lively personality outside the ring and his exciting aggression in the ring. The native of Cork, Ireland is coming off two impressive victories and has faced the likes of Antoine Douglas, Chris Eubank Jr. and Billy Joe Saunders throughout an impressive professional career that has lasted more than a decade. O’Sullivan will look to derail Munguia’s plans at 160 pounds on January 11.

Munguia vs. O’Sullivan is a 12-round middleweight fight presented by Golden Boy in association with Zanfer Promotions and Murphy’s Boxing. The event is sponsored by Hennessy "Never Stop. Never Settle." The event will take place Saturday, Jan. 11 at The Alamodome in San Antonio and be streamed live exclusively on DAZN.

Ay Dios mio!

Comment

He's finally fighting in his natural weight class.

Comment

Tanajara's in his toughest fight yet looking forward to that one.

Comment

Gonna be watching this card out of the corner of my eye, but my main attention will on my Ravens tonight!!! #RavensFlock

Comment

i really shouldnt stay up for this but im tempted to watch to see the downy caveman monguia punch spikes tash off in hilarious fashion

Comment

this should be fun while it last. i don't see munguia as a huge puncher. the sadam ali fight was an ilusion, he has a worse chin than khan and was a welterweight. i wanna see if o'sullivan manages to survive the first half of the fight to see munguia's conditioning. wanna know if not having to kill himself to make 154 lbs will make his stamina better.

Comment

Bum smashed in the first rd lol, that's how I like a card to start

Comment

If you can make it out of the first round against this guy then he will seizure and you’ll win by TKO

Comment

Castaneda is much tougher than his record would lead you to believe and for some reason he's been allowed to come in an entire weigh class above Mazion tonight. Could be an upset brewing

Comment

Working...
                    X