Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Arrives at 160, Stops O'Sullivan in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
    Lemieux has more power. So what ?

Jaime has a ways to go but he shows a really good chin and his jab was really good tonight. Even though he got hit, I did see him committing to head movement and also doing that Erik Morales trick where he is rolling his face with the punches so he is improving under El Terrible. I was never high on Jaime but I saw a few glimmers last night.

He and Lemuiex have already accomplished about the same in boxing. David won a vacant title and defended it successfully zero times, albeit he did lose it to GGG, and Munguia won a vacant title and defended it quite a few times, against people not named GGG.

Good chin you say
    He showed that against Spike right , and the guy isnít even a middleweight
    Any of the top guys will knock Munguia the Fugh out
    Iíd take your money all day long
    Good chin ???

Comment

• The fight showed Jamie been watching some Ward replays and that Lemieux hits like "Le Mule"!

Comment

• Munguia beats charlo and ggg they’ll be tough fights but he beats those two but he should stay away from canelo.

Comment

• Muniga would likely beat guys like the Charlo twins, Eubank Jnr, Plant etc.

He is still very young and although he has a good beard, he really needs to develop a defense.

I like his style though, but its easy to look good against a face first guy like Spike.

Comment

• He's entertaining. Great action. Won't last long because of porous defence. Loses to everyone at the elite level because of it. He would have a better chance if he had Tommy Hearns KO power. Munguia gets destroyed by a now prime Canelo, but would have a more entertaining fight against a way way past his prime 38 yr old or older, slow and hitable GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
              Lemieux has more power. So what ?

Jaime has a ways to go but he shows a really good chin and his jab was really good tonight. Even though he got hit, I did see him committing to head movement and also doing that Erik Morales trick where he is rolling his face with the punches so he is improving under El Terrible. I was never high on Jaime but I saw a few glimmers last night.

He and Lemuiex have already accomplished about the same in boxing. David won a vacant title and defended it successfully zero times, albeit he did lose it to GGG, and Munguia won a vacant title and defended it quite a few times, against people not named GGG.

yeah, he defended it against Brandon Cook, Takuma Inoue, and Dennis Hogan. Impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                yeah, he defended it against Brandon Cook, Takuma Inoue, and Dennis Hogan. Impressive.

Exactly. Neither fighter has had an impressive career.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  I mean I asked months ago what the big deal was with this guy.
                  He's young and slowly getting into the big leagues. He's not the best and has sh it defense, y'all expect everyone to be an A class fighter or he's a bum lol.

Comment

• Mungia should stay away from Canelo and ggg for the time being and focus on someone unproven like a Charlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
                      He's young and slowly getting into the big leagues. He's not the best and has sh it defense, y'all expect everyone to be an A class fighter or he's a bum lol.
                      I didn't call him a bum, I called him an 'eye test' fighter that hadn't yet been proven.

A lot of the blame is on DAZN for marketing him like a threat to guys like the WBC Carne Franchise Champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X