Comments Thread For: What's Happening With DAZN? - Part One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bballchump11
    replied
    Very good read. I felt they hit the high and low points pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Fanofreason
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    They went from 4 mil subs to 8 mil subs in 6 months. They're on the right track.
    They are not even near that many. Check the advertising sell sheets

Leave a comment:

• factsarenice
    replied
    Wilder Ortiz was a bust. The actual numbers are 5 million to Wilder and 1.5 Ortiz. The venue sold 60% capacity and tickets were discounted. It takes 350,000 PPV sales just to cover Wilder and Ruiz guaranteed 6.5 million. If you look back Showtime dumped the fight, they thought 6.5 was a loser.

The talk about $25 million to Wilder never actually happened, they were always fictitious numbers to hide the lack of intellect that went into boycotting the AJ lottery ticket. The fight was an all around financial beat down, the math was never there.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    The PPV sold, at best, 275K. Wilder alone was paid around 25 million, Ortiz received 7. Then undercard, adverting. They had few sponsors for that PPV. Keep in mind the revenue of the 275K is split 60-40 with the cable/satellite companies. They lost a lot of money on that show.
    Last edited by factsarenice; 01-05-2020, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• factsarenice
    replied
    Math is not your subject. In America...because that's what the story is about, DAZN = $19 for one fight. Showtime $19 per month plus $70.00 for one fight. ESPN, $70 for one fight. Hmmmm, which is more?

Psssst, it's not DAZN.

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
    Makes me laugh how the 1%, super rich like Hearn (who was born into wealth, never had to work for it lets not forget) and the mega rich companies they work for think they can indefinitely keep draining the working classes because they all say their content is 'must watch' and it's 'only $20 a month'. Even when inflation has risen and cost of living has gone up, and will get worse cos the thick idiots here have been tricked into voting for Brexit, which will make them pooree and the rich richer.

So let me get this straight -

Content each month I pay for, not even including fibre broadband and phone contract are currently:

- Netflix £12 a month
    - Prime £8 a month
    - TV license (pays for the ****e propaganda content from BBC) £12 a month
    - Sky £30 a month

So almost £60 a month just on 'content' which I can hardly keep up with. And DAZN think I'll just dip into my empty pockets and add another £20 a month on top for one-sided cherry-picked and boring defensive fights ? How about they f*** off.
    Last edited by factsarenice; 01-05-2020, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    You do realize they NEED millions in the United States. Most of their money is tied up in deals with boxers pertaining to the United States.

Those outside of the U.S. numbers mean nothing. They had millions of foreign subs before they came to the United States.

I guess you missed the report late last year, also in WSJ, where it was stated that DAZN loses money in every single market - except Japan.

There are countless articles right now, where DAZN admits on the record they are trying to raise more money right as we speak, 500 million to 1 billion. When a company is trying to raise more money, that could be a very bad sign - if they are unable to secure that money from investors. If they are unable to secure those funds, how much longer do you expect them to be around.... at least in the states?
    You are right...it is a horrible sign if they are trying to raise more money...especially on the premise of getting future subscribers; which they are failing to do. Do you think thatís why they raised prices in the 3rd quarter of 2019?

Leave a comment:

• factsarenice
    replied
    Curt is at it again, pushing the PBC like a ShamWow commercial. I'll bet when people see you they make believe they're not home....amairight?

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    all i can really do is laugh

wilder is fighting fury next and AJ just had to dance and run around the ring and jab a 6ft tub of lard with t rex arms......

wilder literally puts every guy hes fought on the canvas....when AJ gets dropped he comes back in safety first mode and runs and clinches and avoids confrontation(parker and ruiz 2 after klit and ruiz 1)....

yet wilder is the guy who operates though "sheer lies and propoganda"...lmao....

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Bro, they are swimming in a sea of nationalist propaganda themselves....his whole post just smacked of extreme entitlement. He, and most like him, feel Americans have w duty to follow whomever they are told to follow even foreigners....but the same certainly doesnít apply to them....thatís what his post literally said when you add it all up....Ē do what we tell you, follow who we tell you, accept our countrymen and love them more than yours, if you donít then itís propaganda.Ē

And I have no idea why he threw in the lgbt thing at the end, not sure if he is saying he is a ****sexual or hates them...
    LGBT is what they call the LDBC

Leave a comment:

• Motorcity Cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikeh333 View Post
    What is a license fee?

If they truly owe Chavez seven figures for another fight, that is unbelievable. Chavez should never fight for money again, much less for significant money.
    A license fee is what DAZN pays the promoter to broadcast the fight. The promoter uses that to promote and pay the fighters.

Leave a comment:

• Gamboal00
    replied
    Makes me laugh how the 1%, super rich like Hearn (who was born into wealth, never had to work for it lets not forget) and the mega rich companies they work for think they can indefinitely keep draining the working classes because they all say their content is 'must watch' and it's 'only $20 a month'. Even when inflation has risen and cost of living has gone up, and will get worse cos the thick idiots here have been tricked into voting for Brexit, which will make them poorer and the rich richer.

So let me get this straight -

Content each month I pay for, not even including fibre broadband and phone contract are currently:

- Netflix £12 a month
    - Prime £8 a month
    - TV license (pays for the ****e propaganda content from BBC) £12 a month
    - Sky £30 a month

So over £60 a month just on 'content' which I can hardly keep up with. And DAZN think I'll just dip into my empty pockets and add another £20 a month on top for one-sided cherry-picked and boring defensive fights ? How about they f*** off.
    Last edited by Gamboal00; 01-05-2020, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Inspired
    replied
    Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    all i can really do is laugh

wilder is fighting fury next and AJ just had to dance and run around the ring and jab a 6ft tub of lard with t rex arms......

wilder literally puts every guy hes fought on the canvas....when AJ gets dropped he comes back in safety first mode and runs and clinches and avoids confrontation(parker and ruiz 2 after klit and ruiz 1)....

yet wilder is the guy who operates though "sheer lies and propoganda"...lmao....
    why are you acting *****y? lmfao
    none of what you said was relevant to my post. im explaining that i didnt start 'hating' on pbc due to some racism which is what i was responding to, someone claiming that the pbc hate is anti-black and racism at work. i used to be a wilder supporter when he was on gbp and when he and many others moved to pbc i was glad. i hated the monopoly oscar/schaeffer had on the sport and esp because they didnt do anything for wilder eg having him on a fking amir khan undercard in 2013 vs audley harrison, that was a total joke wasnt it?

now the sheer lies/propaganda concerning wilder via the pbc, is absolutely true. you didnt even acknowledge it. eg the contexts of the 50m offer was full of lies. anyone with any amount of honesty knows that.
    that has jack **** to do with wilder knocking guys out. i'm not going to get dragged into another tit for tat bs argument. it's good for wilder if he knocks guys out...but the extent of lies and propaganda when referring to the 50m offer is beyond anything ive seen in boxing before.
    only the other day espinoza brought it up again
    this mother****er knew canelo vs ggg was coming in september 18...and played a role in causing that fight to collapse. he had wilder's ear...so he could easily have explained
    'wilder because ggg vs canelo is happening in the same month, they'll have to move the fight to october, ok?' and instead they decide not to bring that up at all, to ignore contexts.

you're also ignoring contexts and just making another vs argument.
    you're a delusional ****.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X