Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why Alvarez refused to fight Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Harper
    replied
    Nelo doesn't need GGG or his fans crying about how beating up an old man is shameful.

Leave a comment:

• Chuckguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
    For a second there I thought you were talking about Canelo vs GGG history
    Lol good one bro I see what you did ha

Leave a comment:

• Larry the boss
    replied
    wtf does he have to keep fighting GGG??? Canelo moved up and went on with his career while GGG is fighting WHO???

Leave a comment:

• Caxcan
    replied
    I don't have the energy for a long winded response so I'll keep it simple: 1) Beating light heavyweight champ Kovalev did more for his legacy than beating GGG a second time. 2) He doesn't feel like he has anything to prove after turning the tables on GGG and beating him according to his own standards of victory 3)GGG has been a pain in the ass to negotiate with (the second fight wouldn't have even happened if GB/Canelo hadn't given into his inflated demands)

Leave a comment:

• CasperUK
    replied
    Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
    Why did GGG fight Steve Rolls instead of Andrade? Why is GGG lining up to fight a plumber from Poland? GGG is shot, Canelo shattered his confidence and took something from him in their second fight. Canelo has stated he wants a challenge, GGG no longer presents one.

Canelo beat the #3 ranked middleweight and the #2 ranked LHW. He will win foty and he deserves fotd as well, though politics will likely stop him from winning the latter.
    As much as I hate Canelo, I have to agree with you.

GGG is shot (or pretty close to it, his skills are declining, his confidence is going too) and Canelo has way too much momentum in his favour.

A 3rd fight would be way more conclusive in my opinion - unless GGG is allowed to juice as well.

Leave a comment:

• ruedboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
    Seems like your focus is to be FOTD, his isn't.

And the truth is, he doesn't like all the crap GGG said of him after the PED/Meat incident and doesn't not want to give him another payday.
    If you don't realize that both fighters, in the rematch, took the other guy to a place he never was before, what can I say, except I don't think you know the game.
    It takes a special fighter to want to go there again and Alvarez is a good fighter but that blood don't flow in his veins.
    The rematch was either nominated for or won FOTY by every major boxing source and so-called boxing fans didn't want to see them do it again. What a joke.
    Last edited by ruedboy; 01-04-2020, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuckguy
    replied
    Why did GGG fight Steve Rolls instead of Andrade? Why is GGG lining up to fight a plumber from Poland? GGG is shot, Canelo shattered his confidence and took something from him in their second fight. Canelo has stated he wants a challenge, GGG no longer presents one.

Canelo beat the #3 ranked middleweight and the #2 ranked LHW. He will win foty and he deserves fotd as well, though politics will likely stop him from winning the latter.
    This is a very immature and ignorant post. Avoids the whole question. Wtf does what you posted have anything to do with the question

Leave a comment:

• pepzz
    replied
    Nelo said lil g is no longer a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• ShaneMosleySr
    replied
    Why has Canelo avoided Andrade for the last 9 years?

Leave a comment:

• ShaneMosleySr
    replied
    Canelo doesn’t want to take a risky fight. He would rather fight Rocky Fielding, a guy GGG beat and old men.

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    If Alvarez defeated Golovkin in a third fight, he easily becomes FOTY.
    In fact a convincing victory over GGG, helps his chances for FOTD.
    Instead, Canelo ducks GGG, gives up his Mexican Holiday and waits 6 months to fight a +300 underdog, who looked like a KO waiting to happen in his last fight.
    It just don't make no sense, unless...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X