Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why Alvarez refused to fight Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone explain why Alvarez refused to fight Golovkin?

If Alvarez defeated Golovkin in a third fight, he easily becomes FOTY.
    In fact a convincing victory over GGG, helps his chances for FOTD.
    Instead, Canelo ducks GGG, gives up his Mexican Holiday and waits 6 months to fight a +300 underdog, who looked like a KO waiting to happen in his last fight.
    It just don't make no sense, unless...

Why did GGG fight Steve Rolls instead of Andrade? Why is GGG lining up to fight a plumber from Poland? GGG is shot, Canelo shattered his confidence and took something from him in their second fight. Canelo has stated he wants a challenge, GGG no longer presents one.

Canelo beat the #3 ranked middleweight and the #2 ranked LHW. He will win foty and he deserves fotd as well, though politics will likely stop him from winning the latter.

Comment

Waiting him out a bit longer because he knows he lost the first two fights.

Just like when he threw his belt away to duck 2016 GGG.

2017 GGG beat him 8-4

2018 GGG barely beat him

2020 and 2021 GGG? Probably easy pickings for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        Instead, Canelo ducks GGG, gives up his Mexican Holiday and waits 6 months to fight a +300 underdog, who looked like a KO waiting to happen in his last fight.
        You fell in your own trap.

All of industry picked Canelo in severely beating GGG in a third fight. Therefore, whom would industry rather see:

GGG after Rolls

Or Kovalev after Yarde

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
          You fell in your own trap.

All of industry picked Canelo in severely beating GGG in a third fight. Therefore, whom would industry rather see:

GGG after Rolls

Or Kovalev after Yarde
          Every poll I saw had Golovkin listed as The preferred opponent for Canelo. Certainly he was DAZN’s choice. The “industry” wants what the masses want.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Every poll I saw had Golovkin listed as The preferred opponent for Canelo. Certainly he was DAZN’s choice. The “industry” wants what the masses want.
            Preferred opponent isn’t the same as all of industry (including HOF and boxers) picking Canelo to win in a 3rd fight. All boxers said the same damn thing that Father Time caught up. So why im the hell would a 3rd fight be needed? If I was a true DAZN shill I would push for it since it brings good subs but who cares, it’s about resume. Kovalev a year younger than GGG too. A bigger guy and a respected power puncher aka the Krusher.

When the fight was made everyone was game for Canelo vs Kovalev.

Comment

Cuz he don't like him

Comment

Probably because he knows that people will just say GGG lost because he’s old.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  you been ahermit? thhey fought twice. neither can be claimed to have ducked the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                    Preferred opponent isn’t the same as all of industry (including HOF and boxers) picking Canelo to win in a 3rd fight. All boxers said the same damn thing that Father Time caught up. So why im the hell would a 3rd fight be needed? If I was a true DAZN shill I would push for it since it brings good subs but who cares, it’s about resume. Kovalev a year younger than GGG too. A bigger guy and a respected power puncher aka the Krusher.

When the fight was made everyone was game for Canelo vs Kovalev.
                    When the Kovalev fight was first made everyone claimed there would be no weight restrictions. I was willing to overlook the quick turnaround and probably that was short sighted of me.

Canelo doesn’t have a clear victory over Golovkin yet. That is why it’s still a fight fans want to see.

If the third fight gives fans what they want and finally provides Canelo a clear win, then as the op asks, why doesn’t Canelo want it?

Comment

Working...
                    X