Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 DIVISION CHAMPION or 4 DECADE CHAMPION? Which one is more difficult to achieved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Not sure. Think theyre both easy
    I agree, it's easy for pac but impossible to the other boxer..

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      With the stringent ped testing now in boxing I agree we will never see this feat accomplished again.
      Even the greatest in the past couldn't do it and even the boxer today who mask the PEDS with IV could only do half of what pac had achieved.

If you used PEDS it's almost impossible to be a champion for 3 decades because the PEDS will destroy your body..

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Pac is the BOAT, best of our era.
        His achievements are mind bogg ling. I really don't know what's easier to achieve? N either are easy to achieve but to achieve both. You'd not think it's possibke.
        Out of srr and pac it's take your pick who is goat
        If one american boxer can achieved one of this he will be called the GOD of boxing but pac achieved both and it's crazy to think that some people think that he is not in the top 10 ATG.

Comment

I think 8-division champion is more difficult... Even with boxing political powers with them (impose catchweights, beat The Ring or lineal champions, etc.), DLH, TBE (not The Best Ever) and Canelo can't even reach 7...

4-decade champion seems to be easier... If 2019 new champions who are still champions today can win another in 2039 and carry it over to 2040, he can be a 4-decade champion (2010s, 2020s, 2030s, 2040s)...

I think what's more difficult than those 2 would be the 5-division lineal champion... If GrandPac miraculously gets the FotD for 2010s (impossible but just using as an example), it's another more difficult to achieve than the 2 options...

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            I agree, it's easy for pac but impossible to the other boxer..
            True pacquiao is an exceptional fighter.

Major props to anyone who could beat him.

Comment

Lmao, what 8 divisions did Pacquiao win titles in?

112, 122, 130, 135, 147, and 154 is 6 divisions. 7 tops since won the IBO at 140 but nobody counts IBO titles so itís 6.

Being a champ in 4 different decades is harder.

Comment

8 division champ is harder, it's like the equivalent of accomplishing 12 labors of Hercules in our sport if I may speak in such embellishments.

You know what's more mind-boggling? Manny Pacquiao could easily--EASILY have been 10-division champ if he didn't skip two divisions. There's no doubt about that. But we can't dwell on shoulda woulda coulda. 8 division is what we have in record books for the moment.

4 Decades champ will be broken someday by an incredibly physically gifted phenom maybe not yet born in our era, could be in the next generation. Something like a Lebron James like extraordinary physical specimen who takes care of his body excellently and of course with an ATG boxing skills appropriate for the task.

But having said that, sport of Boxing has been around for several centuries and no one has done this. It's not as easy as we imagine. These boxers wants to fight until they can't, it's not just for money, they really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Born X Raised View Post
                  Lmao, what 8 divisions did Pacquiao win titles in?

112, 122, 130, 135, 147, and 154 is 6 divisions. 7 tops since won the IBO at 140 but nobody counts IBO titles so itís 6.

Being a champ in 4 different decades is harder.
                  Are yoy seriously not gonna count the Ring and Lineal Titles Pac won at 126 and 140?

Comment

Its simple, first youve got to have a fighter thats truly elite.

Then youve got to get him into the position to get the fights.

Then pick your mark, use every advantage you can get on the back of popularity where nobody cares, CWS, fighters coming of big losses, fighters coming of injuries and long lay offs, etc etc theres a lot when you know this sport on a deeper level.

You see Manny has 7 losses , that proves that the match making allowed him to amass the titles, now if Manny went through his resume with no losses then thats remarkable because it shows they couldnt beat him.

If youre beatable and 7 losses says Manny is indeed beatable, then match making becomes the driver . Its straight up logic !

Comment

Lame opposition = Lame accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                      X