Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell Drops Cabrera Twice, Stops Him In 5th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Dirrell Drops Cabrera Twice, Stops Him In 5th Round

ONTARIO, California Andre Dirrell dominated an overmatched opponent to successfully launch his comeback Saturday. The former IBF interim super middleweight champion knocked down Juan Ubaldo Cabrera twice and stopped the Dominican veteran in the fifth round of a scheduled 10-round light heavyweight fight. Dirrell's first fight in 21 months took place in a practically empty venue, early in the afternoon local time, on the non-televised portion of the Tony Harrison-Jermell Charlo undercard at Toyota Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hell yeah!!

One of my favorite fighters!

Comment

He should fight another soft touch or two to build up his confidence and get some momentum rolling. Then go after the bigger fish.

Comment

Good for Dirrell. He knocked out a guy who got knocked out by a junior middleweight recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          Good for Dirrell. He knocked out a guy who got knocked out by a junior middleweight recently.

Comment

Well unfortunately one of ur favorite fighters basically quit that night against the uzi. He got frustrated losing that fight especially in that last rd u could tell he was throwing everything into his punches but the uzi was eating them like nothin then I remember specifically he looked hurt mentally like he quit his body language said it all when Virgil was tryin to talk to him that night so I can't respect his fight in him anymore. I had thought with him an his brothers vast pedigree in the sport they would never go out like that but he was deeply discouraged like an amateur fighter giving up realizing he's losing a fight with nothin goin his way. We'll see what he does from here on out especially moving up in weight which I think was a mistake

Comment

Building him up for what Benavirez/Plant

Comment

Working...
              X