Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best way to fight and beat Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go with conventional wisdom

an educated pressure fighter gets in a stylish boxer-puncher's azz

flyer boxer-punchers have had a pressure guy get in that azz

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      I'll go with conventional wisdom

an educated pressure fighter gets in a stylish boxer-puncher's azz

flyer boxer-punchers have had a pressure guy get in that azz
      There are several glimpses that show that he can be outbox and get beat to the punch as well. I think Ugas and Ennis have the skillset to be competitive against him, but I don’t think they’re consistent and smart enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        After analyzing several of his fights, Ive come to the conclusion that hes a good well-rounded boxer who has the versatility to adapt to any style, but he does have some flaws that can be exploited.

I think in order to beat him, youd have to be able to match his fighting pace, excellent at dictating range and distance, being defensively responsible and with good timing and counter-punching skills. In other words, a master sharp-shooter would give him fits. I dont think Spence is good enough to beat him.
        The best way to beat Crawford is to be Boots Ennis! Boots beats everybody in the division right now if you ask me.

Comment

Pressure fight him ala Maidana.

Comment

There are plenty of proof he can’t. Nobody likes to get hit and most boxers are good at hiding their pain and continue fighting, Thurman always make it obvious that he’s hurt from body punches. That’s why he doesn’t want any smoke from Spence.
            If you say so. Spence is so overrated it's not funny

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
              Pressure fight him ala Maidana.
              That can work. Maidana’s style of pressuring make it hard to counter-punch him. He takes away any punching space and maul you in a corner. I think Crawford would still beat him, but he would get his head bash in a few times for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post

If you say so. Spence is so overrated it's not funny
                I don’t rate Spence and Crawford that highly, especially Spence. With that being said, Spence is a bad style for Thurman.

Comment

There are several glimpses that show that he can be outbox and get beat to the punch as well. I think Ugas and Ennis have the skillset to be competitive against him, but I don’t think they’re consistent and smart enough to win.
                  Reminds me of Floyd Zab

Zab had his moments and even dropped Floyd

but Floyd was the best pure boxer around

no one could outbox him throughout the course of 12

Cotto also had success with his jab boxing Floyd.

But Floyd ultimately took over at range
                  Carpe Diem likes this.

Comment

Timing and counter-punching are some of the keys to go about it. Benavidez, Mean Machine, Brook, all showed that Crawford is vulnerable when fighting at a steady pace and he tends to get reckless when he’s the aggressor.
                    GrandpaBernard likes this.

Comment

A simple 1-2 touches Crawford up ffs. Washed up weight drained quitter Brook damn near closed his eye before he quit in just a few rounds. Peg legged gun shot victim Jose Bumavidez took rounds off Crawford until his bum leg gave out. Crawford also has a weak chin. He was put on queer street by blown up and inactive Gamboa. Eurobum Mean Machine dropped him. There's a reason he re-signed with Top Rank and ESPN exclusivity to duck the top guys at welterweight until forced with a mandatory. Crawford is vastly overrated and over hyped. He would be a journeyman in previous eras.

Comment

Working...
                      X