No announcement yet.

For anyone who doubts Andy ruiz's ability and talent as a fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime 4 Prime Povetkin >>> Ruiz. Stop it. Ruiz got lucky in the first fight and we all know it. Povetkin has beaten most of the top guys over the past decade and a half. His resume is miles abode Ruiz's, it's not even a close comparison. Ruiz will go down as a buster Doug type of a fighter after this humiliating performance, meanwhile Povtekin will go down as a legitimate top HW fighter of his generation.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
      Prime 4 Prime Povetkin >>> Ruiz. Stop it. Ruiz got lucky in the first fight and we all know it. Povetkin has beaten most of the top guys over the past decade and a half. His resume is miles abode Ruiz's, it's not even a close comparison. Ruiz will go down as a buster Doug type of a fighter after this humiliating performance, meanwhile Povtekin will go down as a legitimate top HW fighter of his generation.
      Prime for prime ruiz is a tall order for povetkin.

Ruiz's chin and durability- Phenomenal
      Ruiz's hand speed- Equal to povetkin
      Ruiz's Power- Superior to povetkin

Ruiz hits like a truck and has fast hands. Phenomenal counterpuncher. Phenomenal combination puncher.

Just because ruiz didn't train for this fight you casuals think you can write him off.
      Last edited by llll; 12-09-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
        Joshua stopped Povetkin because he actually came to fight..With Ruiz he landed solid shots here and there but never tried to take him out as he was afraid of getting hit back...Ruiz is very limited and honestly not good at all...No need to make him any more then what he is man
        Ruiz is limited? How?

Ruiz hits like a truck and has fast hands. Phenomenal counterpuncher. Phenomenal combination puncher. Can fight on the inside, is one of the best in his mid range game, cuts off the ring exceptionally, closes the distance and controls range(especially against taller fighters) masterfully.. how is he limited other than his height?

The fact that he is fighting on the highest level at 6'2 and being a fat **** is pretty indicative of his talent.
        Last edited by llll; 12-09-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          Ruiz is limited? How?

Ruiz hits like a truck and has fast hands. Phenomenal counterpuncher. Phenomenal combination puncher. Can fight on the inside, is one of the best in his mid range game, cuts off the ring exceptionally, closes the distance and controls range(especially against taller fighters) masterfully.. how is he limited other than his height?

The fact that he is fighting on the highest level at 6'2 and being a fat **** is pretty indicative of his talent.
          Where were those bolded qualities on Saturday night then?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
            Where were those bolded qualities on Saturday night then?
            Do I have to answer that? Are we feigning ignorance now?

This is what usually happens a taller fighter tries to box ruiz. He takes your angles , takes your range and fights you in the mid range.

Not training and being the second heaviest champion of all time, he didn't have the stamina to stay with joshua.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
            Last edited by llll; 12-09-2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I knew this would happen. A ton of people failed to understand what happened in the first fight. So, they made bad picks for the rematch. He lost the rematch because all AJ had to do in either fight was stay on the outside (because that's how boxing works, not that you're paying attention) and people who picked wrong want to blame Ruiz for it.

Man up and admit you were wrong. You didn't understand why Ruiz beat AJ. Ruiz never tired or slowed down in the rematch so your excuses are BS. If you can't handle being wrong, stop making public predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I knew this would happen. A ton of people failed to understand what happened in the first fight. So, they made bad picks for the rematch. He lost the rematch because all AJ had to do in either fight was stay on the outside (because that's how boxing works, not that you're paying attention) and people who picked wrong want to blame Ruiz for it.

Man up and admit you were wrong. You didn't understand why Ruiz beat AJ. Ruiz never tired or slowed down in the rematch so your excuses are BS. If you can't handle being wrong, stop making public predictions.
                What happened in the first fight? Break it down, if you understand it so well and so easily. You know so much about boxing, please give us a summary breakdown of what you thought happened the first fight.

Please and thanks.

Comment

All day. Jose Feliciano couldn't have said it better.

Comment

He couldn't stay with joshua, he wasn't throwing which was indicative of his conditioning. He threw twice as many punches in the first fight.

Ruiz beat Aj because he was the better fighter that night. What was your excuse to why Ruiz beat joshua?

Comment

Do I have to answer that? Are we feigning ignorance now?

This is what usually happens a taller fighter tries to box ruiz. He takes your angles , takes your range and fights you in the mid range.

Not training and being the second heaviest champion of all time, he didn't have the stamina to stay with joshua.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
                      It wasn't a stamina issue. He was following him around the ring instead of cutting it off plain and simple. He needs people to engage with him in his range and come forward to him since he has slow feet. Lots of guys in those clips were dumb enough to exchange on the inside with him or one just got rabbit punched to death and thrown down onto the canvas like a sack of potatoes onto their head.... Great highlight......

Comment

I think he looked better aesthetically here, than he did in the last fight. Far less gut fat, more shoulder mass. I think it's just bs excuses and instead of moaning about what he did or didn't do, he should just eat humble pie and say well done. Joshua didn't mention even 1 single excuse for his loss.

Comment

What happened in the first fight? Break it down, if you understand it so well and so easily. You know so much about boxing, please give us a summary breakdown of what you thought happened the first fight.

Please and thanks.
                          You have a habit of making predictions and then raging when you turn out to be wrong. Your Joker threads were a perfect example. It's always the fault of the individual or product, not you, right? I don't get why people try to direct blame. When I'm wrong I'd just rather admit I'm wrong and learn from it.

The reason Ruiz won was Joshua did not listen to his corner, did not stay outside. He engaged in the range at which Ruiz had the advantage. All he had to do was stay outside and keep moving. That's all. And, he proved that Saturday. No version of Ruiz would overcome that because he's too short. People claimed so many things about Ruiz, but they were basing it all on what happened after the first KD, once AJ was dazed. If you look at who Andy Ruiz really is as a fighter, you'd know he wouldn't be able to keep up with AJ if AJ actually followed the game plan.

I WISH Ruiz would have pulled it off. But, I knew he wouldn't as long as AJ didn't do anything stupid. I called that right after the first fight ended.
                          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-09-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                            guy was fighting a taller guy and just followed him around the ring..now head movement, no jab ...just plodding...How his corner made no adjustments is beyond me
                            I watched an interview with Ruiz snr and he was telling Andy to throw more combos but he was having a hard time just keeping his hands up he was that overweight and underpreped.
                            Many and Snr should have been kicking his ass for missing training sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                              It wasn't a stamina issue. He was following him around the ring instead of cutting it off plain and simple. He needs people to engage with him in his range and come forward to him since he has slow feet. Lots of guys in those clips were dumb enough to exchange on the inside with him or one just got rabbit punched to death and thrown down onto the canvas like a sack of potatoes onto their head.... Great highlight......
                              Look man, I'm a boxing fan, and any other boxing fan has their own eyes to see what's going on. All I can do is speak the truth.

The truth is, that if ruiz came into shape, he would have been better able to stay with joshua, he would have gotten more touches and he would have been able to put more pressure on joshua and done more damage.

That's the truth. Any other real boxing fan who knows what they're looking at knows that's the truth too.

Comment

That's the truth. If Ruiz was in shape. This would have been a much better fight.

Guys like red fox who are saying that ruiz was the same fighter in this fight than the last fight. And there would have been no difference because it was all aj? That's not the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X