No announcement yet.

Did You Gain Respect For AJ Last Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Gain Respect For AJ Last Night?

Or did you lose respect for him? Personally, I respect how well he boxed and controlled distance but I wasn't thrilled with how overly defensive and seemingly fearful he was.

Respect gained or respect lost?
    Gained Respect
    65.67%
    Lost Respect
    23.88%
    Undecided
    10.45%

He did what he had to do to walk out with the belts. He won probably 9 rounds clean. So yeah, of course he deserves some respect.

Comment

Mostly I lost respect for Ruiz, who didn't take his training seriously.

Comment

My respect remains the same. He did what he had to do to win, and i’m not going to say he “ran.” However he looked absolutely terrified of trading

Comment

A lot. Didn't expect him to bounce back mentally, and didn't expect him to plug so many holes in such a short amount of time. The performance was flawless as it could be and even more impressive considering how violently he lost the first time.

Comment

A win is a win. You can't knock that.

But he was supposed to be the next great heavyweight. I didnt get that feeling from watching how he fought yesterday.

Comment

Massively gained respect for him. From being on his knees 6 months ago to completely changing his body and style... he's put in his some hard yards.

Would have been much easier to convince himself that it was just a bad night. An absolute champion.

Lost all respect for Ruiz. If he'd come in at a reasonable weight I'd be ok with him losing. But to come in so overweight and use it as an excuse I found really disappointing. Wasted his opportunity and lost without dignity or credibility.

Comment

NO! After watching WILDER KTFO of people I don't like seeing 6ft6 200+lb guys prance around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                  Mostly I lost respect for Ruiz, who didn't take his training seriously.
                  I feel Ruiz lost it for himself.

Comment

I didnt gain any respect for him, he did what he supposed to do but looked to have no confidence whatsoever he looked scared every second.

Comment

Working...
                    X