Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas, Julio Cesar Martinez Cleared by WBC Following Adverse Findings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    People are sometimes expected to make some sacrifices to do the work they do, man. People have to commute or relocate, they have to work graveyard shifts or wade through **** to clean the sewers Lemme ask you, really, whose rights should come first, the right of an opponent to know that the guy across the ring from him is clean or the right of that said fighter to eat what he damn well pleases? All around the globe athletes are constantly having to watch every damn thing they put into their bodies 24/7 to ensure they don't accidentally take in some banned substance in an energy drink or a suppliment or any other way, yet Chinese and Mexicans are exempt when all they got to do is change their diet... if it's your living man, you do it.. these guys could potentially earn millions, and any fighter at the level where testing becomes mandatory shouldn't be able to use this an excuse when all they got to do is change their diet.

Don't like it?... lobby the Mexican government to actually do something to maintain and uphold their own laws.
    Much better analogy! Koba, I get tired of you out doing me in every way, chuckles and all!
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    I get it, it shouldnít be too hard to stay away from meat but .. us Mexicans love beef, itís not as simple as you think. Carne asada, Iím sure youíve heard of that, itís a staple on every party which parties happen every weekend sometimes multiple times a week. So itís not as simple as not eating the beef, their lifestyle revolves around family and get togethers and that involves food and beef is in tamales, tacos, burritos, bbqís, enchiladas, basically anything and everything and donít matter if itís breakfast lunch or dinner or a snack like beef jerky... itís not that easy brotha... I get that you need to be responsible and professional but itís tough. Have you ever been on a diet, have you ever broken your diet? I think 99.9 people that go on a diet end up breaking it... perfect example
    I know the traditions my friend. Understand your position. We like beef too. The diet was a good example

Leave a comment:

• Citizen Koba
    replied
    Lmao, itís not that simple. They gave to make money for there family.. you know? Make a living line any normal being.. they are good at boxing and like to eat meat.. you donít like it? Stop watching boxing itís that simple
    People are sometimes expected to make some sacrifices to do the work they do, man. People have to commute or relocate, they have to work graveyard shifts or wade through **** to clean the sewers Lemme ask you, really, whose rights should come first, the right of an opponent to know that the guy across the ring from him is clean or the right of that said fighter to eat what he damn well pleases? All around the globe athletes are constantly having to watch every damn thing they put into their bodies 24/7 to ensure they don't accidentally take in some banned substance in an energy drink or a suppliment or any other way, yet Chinese and Mexicans are exempt when all they got to do is change their diet... if it's your living man, you do it.. these guys could potentially earn millions, and any fighter at the level where testing becomes mandatory shouldn't be able to use this an excuse when all they got to do is change their diet.

Don't like it?... lobby the Mexican government to actually do something to maintain and uphold their own laws.

Leave a comment:

• Citizen Koba
    replied
    Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
    We canít take their word for it. Iím assuming because trace amounts were discovered, the assay was at the very least semi quantitative... but who establishes the range that is considered trace and how much can that amount be attributed to an actual therapeutic effect? We run immunoassays in my lab that output values based on absorbance measurements that are converted into a normalized signal. These numbers are flagged when exceeding a cutoff range (aka detected a specific metabolite).

The other day a provider was asking me why the values were above zero but the results were negative and what that meant from a therapeutic point of view (non compliance, partial dosage, etc). The truth is that the reagent manufacturer and the instrument manufacturer set their own cutoff values and because of the nature of the test metabolite concentration is not linearly correlated to the result.

So in other words unless this is a gas chromatography (or some other quantitative assay) and some research entity (epidemiological or just scientific) has conducted a large scale study on clenbuterol and itís positive effect on performance in athletes, somehow establish a range of measured doses that does not cause a positive effect AND measure metabolite concentration at varying lengths of metabolism AND then establish an acceptable metabolite range. This is all bull**** (apologies for the previous run on sentence)
    S'alright man, good to hear from someone with a little more insight.. I've got some background in research but it's more from the epidemiology side. I've read just about everything I could easily (ie that wasn't behind a paywall) access on drug testing in boxing and I think I've developed a pretty good layman's understanding but there's nothing to replace the experience of someone who's worked in the field.

Leave a comment:

• Corelone
    replied
    In the old world mafia, I hear, the produce is the best, don't mess with their olive oil. Any dilution, pollution, or substition and somebody sleeps with the fishes. They don't like hurting the customers. These guys are trying to kill everybody, if this is what they're doing.

Leave a comment:

• Corelone
    replied
    Test everybody, momma, sister, brother, trainer. Back trace it to the source, or is it easier, and safer, to ignore it? Asking for a friend.

Leave a comment:

• Yodpayak
    replied
    I am not surprised wbc mafia protects their boys. Taking drugs in taco form is still taking drugs. Martinez clearly eats so much of this meat.

Leave a comment:

• Robi13
    replied
    Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    We donít just ďwatchĒ boxing, we are involved. You say they have to make money; is staying away from local cattle that big of a deal once they have made some money? I mean seeing as these are good boxers who have knowledge of the rules for them to make good money now.
    I get it, it shouldnít be too hard to stay away from meat but .. us Mexicans love beef, itís not as simple as you think. Carne asada, Iím sure youíve heard of that, itís a staple on every party which parties happen every weekend sometimes multiple times a week. So itís not as simple as not eating the beef, their lifestyle revolves around family and get togethers and that involves food and beef is in tamales, tacos, burritos, bbqís, enchiladas, basically anything and everything and donít matter if itís breakfast lunch or dinner or a snack like beef jerky... itís not that easy brotha... I get that you need to be responsible and professional but itís tough. Have you ever been on a diet, have you ever broken your diet? I think 99.9 people that go on a diet end up breaking it... perfect example

Leave a comment:

• NC Uppercut
    replied
    Lmao, itís not that simple. They gave to make money for there family.. you know? Make a living line any normal being.. they are good at boxing and like to eat meat.. you donít like it? Stop watching boxing itís that simple
    We donít just ďwatchĒ boxing, we are involved. You say they have to make money; is staying away from local cattle that big of a deal once they have made some money? I mean seeing as these are good boxers who have knowledge of the rules for them to make good money now.

Leave a comment:

• Robi13
    replied
    Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    Well then donít box professionally! Itís that simple!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X