Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pariah: The Lives and Deaths of Sonny Liston: Trailer Released

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pariah: The Lives and Deaths of Sonny Liston: Trailer Released

SHOWTIME Sports has released the official trailer and key art for the upcoming documentary film PARIAH: THE LIVES AND DEATHS OF SONNY LISTON, premiering Friday, November 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Written and directed by Simon George and told through original conversations with luminaries, historians and some of Liston's closest friends and family, PARIAH chronicles the rise and precipitous fall of one of the most vilified and misunderstood sports champions of all time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

im utterly fascinated by liston. at work i often listen to documentaries. sonny liston the champ nobody wanted is a favorite of mine.

i cant wait for this movie.

Comment

This looks incredible, mostly because there is so much we don't know. Did he take a dive in the second ali fight at the behest of the mob? Did the mob kill him? Did he fix other fights or carry fights to satisfy the rackets? Super curious, can't wait to see it.

Comment

Looks good. Liston's story flies under the radar a lot because of all the attention paid to Ali.

So it's nice to see him getting more time in the spotlight for once.

Comment

Pariah:The Lives and Deaths of Sonny Liston

This show is a theft of my Amazon book, "Beast: The Deconstruction of Charles Sonny Liston. The show is not a documentary. But is scripted and misleading. The so called police are lying about finding Sonny and drugs in the house. Former Las Vegas Police officer Larry Gandy. Tells the same story that Las Vegas Police officer Dennis Caputo and Gary Beckwith have told for over 48 years in other documentaries. Like, ESPN, HBO, and "The Champion that Nobody Wanted". How can Sonny be ranked #8 in the world while still fighting in 1970 by Ring Magazine. While at the same time having a cocaine and heroin addiction. The training regiment of a boxer, and a drug addiction would not coincide with one another. This show is a total fiction and full of lies.

Comment

Working...
          X