No announcement yet.

Len Blavatnik pulls personal funding for DAZN. Seeks $500 mil from investors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Man. Did you read the article? MCC just straight made up the bit about Blavatnik pulling his personal funds, in fact the article speculates the funds are for additional expansion. Now don't get me wrong, I ain't a fan of any damn promotion and for all I know they might be failing or looking for an exit strategy or whatever - certainly it looks to me like they're being ridiculously profligate - all I'm saying is that this article doesn't say anything like that and the thread title is entirely misleading.
    Yeah I read the Article, yeah never said anything about him "Pulling His Funds" that is true, however adding more investors can't hurt. It can help not only expand but also help them get the rights to more popular programming than Boxing

Comment

Man. Did you read the article? MCC just straight made up the bit about Blavatnik pulling his personal funds, in fact the article speculates the funds are for additional expansion. Now don't get me wrong, I ain't a fan of any damn promotion and for all I know they might be failing or looking for an exit strategy or whatever - certainly it looks to me like they're being ridiculously profligate - all I'm saying is that this article doesn't say anything like that and the thread title is entirely misleading.
      Lenny is smart. It says ''at least.'' It's a way for Goldman Sachs to find any investors wanting dibs for a possible new $2billion deal. The article is foreshadowing consistency with attaining rights. If new investors go in for dibs with Q4 going strong, it means the expansion for new territories. Much of the red tape in the game is traditional moguls in territories where they don't want new technologies to change things and keep business protocols traditional. But everything has a price! The reality is DAZN is trying its best with new streaming media technologies. Blavatnik can't be splurging his own personal wealth to continue making it bigger. It simply means the current returns aren't sped up to help new buys for rights in the 1bil+ moves

Comment

Was going to green k you just for the use of the word "profligate".

I had to look that **** up and everything....

Comment

Interesting article, fake news title

Comment

Interesting article, but where does it say that Blavatnik has pulled his personal funding? Not that it matters, but the closest it comes is saying:

(my emphasis)

Which is not the same thing and makes no bones about being speculative anyway. Basically all it's saying is that he's seeking more investment... in fact the interpretation of the author is that they want to use the money to expand, which is somewhat strange given the tacit implication of your entirely misleading headline.

Have I missed something or were you trying to add a personal slant to 'assist' folk in their interpretation of the article?
            Common sense. He's not going to continue throwing money at it and it's not producing desired results. I said this months ago, maybe even a year ago. People told me he's a billionaire so he has the money to fund it. Billionaires didn't become billionaires by wasting money

I said they would have to raise prices..... They did

I said they would have to cut back on purses ... They did

I said they DKSAB.... Markowski & Skipper has come out and said as much their last couple of interviews

I said they have to come up with an ease of access solution.... They teamed with Xfinity to bring you DAZN with a push of the button.

I think I've been pretty good with me predictions so far. Simply by using common sense.

And in every topic i made people were coming at me telling me I'm wrong. Going so far as to say Skipper was ****ing my mom. But they never come back and say hey, you were right. But it is what it is
            Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 10-24-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Another prediction i made was a another price hike for the GGG/Canelo fight if it was made in September. It wasn't but if it's made in May I'm sticking by that. I also said they'd charge more for premium fights. Markowski was talking about that on the Chris Mannix podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Yeah I read the Article, yeah never said anything about him "Pulling His Funds" that is true, however adding more investors can't hurt. It can help not only expand but also help them get the rights to more popular programming than Boxing
                I'm making the same assumptions Forbes is making. Nobody is going to keep throwing money at this thing when they are nowhere near their desired results. It's just common sense. You don't throw good money after bad

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I'm making the same assumptions Forbes is making.
                  [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

These people get personally offended over DAZN. They talk about ya mama. They send you Red K's. Never seen anything like it in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Common sense. He's not going to continue throwing money at it and it's not producing desired results. I said this months ago, maybe even a year ago. People told me he's a billionaire so he has the money to fund it. Billionaires didn't become billionaires by wasting money

I said they would have to raise prices..... They did

I said they would have to cut back on purses ... They did

I said they DKSAB.... Markowski & Skipper has come out and said as much their last couple of interviews

I said they have to come up with an ease of access solution.... They teamed with Xfinity to bring you DAZN with a push of the button.

I think I've been pretty good with me predictions so far. Simply by using common sense.

And in every topic i made people were coming at me telling me I'm wrong. Going so far as to say Skipper was ****ing my mom. But they never come back and say hey, you were right. But it is what it is
                      I've not followed your predictions enough to comment, but whether you've been accurate in the past, this particular article doesn't substantiate your thread title in any way. Just plain misleading man... you've written the thread title very clearly and directly saying that Blavatnik has stopped funding the venture and now you're saying that's was just speculation - that you bascally just made it up? I mean sure. I get that you've got some mission going on and I ain't even entirely unsympathetic but it ain't doing your credibility any favours when you pull stunts like that - I mean, did you even read it?

Understand I ain't offering an an opinion on whether your speculation is correct or not, I'm just saying you've totally misrepresented what it says in the article.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-24-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X