No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman Does $6.3 Million Gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
    I'm speaking figuratively but nice one taking it literally to try and delegitimise what I'm saying. You know I'm referring to how people brag about who makes how much in what fight and why they shouldn't fight x or y for money reasons. This is all a pathway to making excuses for fighters, nothing else. If it is anything else, it's a nosy and rude practice. So I find this quite stupid and low brow and yes it happens often. It's the basis of many arguments here.
    Cool, however I think live gates and what not are relevant information. No one is counting anyone's money in this thread. Just posting how well the fight did at the gate.

And it is relevant since live gates, PPV revenue, sponsorship money etc determine how much money the promotion lost or didn't lose. That affects the rest of the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Cool, however I think live gates and what not are relevant information. No one is counting anyone's money in this thread. Just posting how well the fight did at the gate.

And it is relevant since live gates, PPV revenue, sponsorship money etc determine how much money the promotion lost or didn't lose. That affects the rest of the budget.
      Okay but that's the promotions and the fighter's concern, not ours one bit. You say it's relevant to us but you haven't explained how. I don't expect you can. You're just curious and can't help yourself, own up to it.

Comment

What were the ppv numbers?

Comment

Okay but that's the promotions and the fighter's concern, not ours one bit. You say it's relevant to us but you haven't explained how. I don't expect you can. You're just curious and can't help yourself, own up to it.
          Buddy, if the promotion loses money and the difference has to come from the boxing budget, it DOES affect fans....Why? The boxing budget gets smaller and we get worse fights. Common sense.

As for as being curious? Sure, what is there to own up to? I post as many commission reports as I could get my hands on. Also a good way to compare how certain fighters do at the gate opposed to others.

No one is counting anyone's money here though....I mean how could you? Pacquiao had his guarantee regardless if the fight did well at the gate or not.

Comment

Buddy, if the promotion loses money and the difference has to come from the boxing budget, it DOES affect fans....Why? The boxing budget gets smaller and we get worse fights. Common sense.

As for as being curious? Sure, what is there to own up to? I post as many commission reports as I could get my hands on. Also a good way to compare how certain fighters do at the gate opposed to others.

No one is counting anyone's money here though....I mean how could you? Pacquiao had his guarantee regardless if the fight did well at the gate or not.
            You don't know how much they invest though... They wouldn't share that for privacy concerns. Attendance and viewing numbers say enough about the popularity of an event, not the gate. You don't know how much money they hope to make, you're just hoping to see how much money was made. Your argument makes no sense, not common sense. No one is counting anyone's money... Really? You actually saying that on a thread where you specifically typed the amount of money made at the gate? They didn't figure that out by not counting it.

Comment

You don't know how much they invest though... They wouldn't share that for privacy concerns. Attendance and viewing numbers say enough about the popularity of an event, not the gate. You don't know how much money they hope to make, you're just hoping to see how much money was made. Your argument makes no sense, not common sense. No one is counting anyone's money... Really? You actually saying that on a thread where you specifically typed the amount of money made at the gate? They didn't figure that out by not counting it.
              Huh? You said counting someone's pockets....That is what I am NOT doing here. I didn't say anything about how much the fighters made or didn't make.

In terms of this fight, PPV buys absolutely go a long way in determining if the fight bombed or not and if they lost money or not. Do we have the entire revenue streams of the event? Of course not, who said otherwise?

Comment

Huh? You said counting someone's pockets....That is what I am NOT doing here. I didn't say anything about how much the fighters made or didn't make.

In terms of this fight, PPV buys absolutely go a long way in determining if the fight bombed or not and if they lost money or not. Do we have the entire revenue streams of the event? Of course not, who said otherwise?
                PPV buys are the same as (official) viewing numbers when it's a PPV... You are looking at how much money people are making period, an act that is considered very nosy as I said. Unless someone has been robbed I don't see how it's any of your concern. You know you have no salient excuses for this behaviour. No one does, because they shouldn't. Promotions are going to do how they do regardless of us knowing what they make. You're not counting their pockets but I never accused you of that, you can't know that. I'm just saying the amount of money made is of no concern to you.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  and floyd just fought an exhibition match not to long ago so its not like floyd has been sitting on the couch since he retired.
                  Are you really going to sit here and use that circus as a benchmark to being active?

Comment

PPV buys are the same as (official) viewing numbers when it's a PPV... You are looking at how much money people are making period, an act that is considered very nosy as I said. Unless someone has been robbed I don't see how it's any of your concern. You know you have no salient excuses for this behaviour. No one does, because they shouldn't. Promotions are going to do how they do regardless of us knowing what they make. You're not counting their pockets but I never accused you of that, you can't know that. I'm just saying the amount of money made is of no concern to you.
                    Act that is considered very nosy? LMAO.

Sorry mate, will continue doing what I'm doing.

You carry on with your BS rhetoric.

Comment

The fight was a nice treat to paying boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X