No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman Does $6.3 Million Gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Why would you want a 42 year old who hasn't fought an actual boxer in four years to come back? Especially after the recent deaths we have seen in boxing? What is wrong with you?
    I agree. I don't want pac to kill floyd in the ring. Floyd should just stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      I agree. I don't want pac to kill floyd in the ring. Floyd should just stay retired.
      Floyd shouldn't return period! Whether it be Pacquiao or Spence or Crawford or Thurman or whoever. Let the old man enjoy retirement.

Wanting him to return at the age of 42 and being off over four years is despicable....And flat out desperate.

Comment

Good numbers.

We still don't have the figures for AJ-Ruiz, eh? Was interested to see how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
          Good numbers.

We still don't have the figures for AJ-Ruiz, eh? Was interested to see how that turned out.
          New York card.....Their commission doesn't keep these reports and instead refer you to some other department that gives you like a two month wait period before getting back to you what you were looking for...And yes, I am still waiting lol.

Though, not sure if I asked about that card or not. Regret it if I didn't. But I will see what they provide me with for my other requests and then just ask for the same thing for the Joshua/Ruiz card.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
            I really don't care who makes how much money unless they're getting robbed, who should?
            Okay? Don't care then?

Comment

Okay? Don't care then?
              I'm kinda hoping a load of you idiots will learn to stop bragging about the size of other people's bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                I'm kinda hoping a load of you idiots will learn to stop bragging about the size of other people's bank accounts.
                Is THAT really happening here?

Comment

some comps

Canelo vs Jacobs generated a live gate of $8,685,750 from 15,730 tickets sold

Pacquaio vs Broner generated a live gate of $6,000,032 from 11,410 tickets sold

Pacquaio vs Bradley 3 generated a live gate of $6,411,584 million from 13,046 tickets sold

Both of Pacquaio's fights on PBC actually drew less at MGM Grand then his last fight at the MGM Grand which was Bradley 3.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 07-25-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Is THAT really happening here?
                    I'm speaking figuratively but nice one taking it literally to try and delegitimise what I'm saying. You know I'm referring to how people brag about who makes how much in what fight and why they shouldn't fight x or y for money reasons. This is all a pathway to making excuses for fighters, nothing else. If it is anything else, it's a nosy and rude practice. So I find this quite stupid and low brow and yes it happens often. It's the basis of many arguments here.

Comment

This is what Fat Boy Dan said about the Bradley live gate 3 years ago also at the MGM Grand calling 6.4M a terrible live gate. Thurman and Broner fights both at MGM Grand did worst.

Pacquiao-Bradley III bombs at gate

Apr 22, 2016
                      Dan Rafael ESPN Senior Writer

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum called the sales total for Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Jr. III "terrible" earlier this week and said he lost money on the fight because the April 9 HBO PPV bout generated only between 400,000 and 500,000 buys. The live gate at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas also was poor.

According to figures released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the fight -- after which Pacquiao, a future Hall of Famer, announced his retirement -- sold just 13,046 tickets. That was not close to selling out an arena where Pacquiao had packed in fans many times before.

The ticket sales generated a gate of $6,411,584, the worst of the trilogy with Bradley and Pacquiao's weakest gate since he became a major star.

Pacquiao-Bradley I generated a gate of $8,963,180 in 2012 and the second fight gate was $7,865,100 in 2014.

Comment

Working...
                      X