Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Confident: Regis Prograis is Great - But I'll Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Confident: Regis Prograis is Great - But I'll Beat Him

Josh Taylor blasted his way through to the final of the World Boxing Super Series with a solid win. The WBC Silver super-lightweight champion took on the IBF champion Ivan Baranchyk and beat him to become a world champion. Taylor, whose last fight was a stoppage win over the previously undefeated American Ryan Martin at the same venue back in November 2018, will go on to face Regis Prograis in the showpiece of the tournament, with the winner coming out with the Muhammad Ali Trophy as well as the IBF belt, the WBA regular' crown and the WBC Diamond bauble.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Prograis is a lot better than Baranchyk.

Comment

Good fight. Prograis by stoppage.

Comment

The Curse of Freddy Roach! When and where does Prograis vs. Taylor take place?

Comment

Light work for Prograis. Josh about to suffocate from all that smoke.

Comment

Dude look like he will have weight issues vs Prograis

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Prograis is a lot better than Baranchyk.
              I've got Prograis beating Taylor too, but like Bara made Taylor work for it, Taylor not going to make it an easy night for Prograis.

Hard to say Prograis better than Bara without them fighting, ans style very much win fights. eg I though Postol gave Taylor a harder time than Bara did because Taylor lost his advantage in length vs Postol, and had a hard time overcoming it. vs Bara Taylor's reach made a difference, and he's going to have the same reach advantage vs Prograis.

I think difference vs Bara will be Prograis having the timing to catch Taylor more coming in, whereas Bara was more about barrelling forward and trying to overwhelm the opponent, which gave Taylor an out as often his foot speed could relieve the pressure.

Taylor also likes the infight game though, which surprises given his reach and speed, and will be interesting to see how that plays out vs Prograis too.

Comment

I think Prograis will win but I would like Taylor to win.

Comment

Big Taylor fan, but I get the feeling Prograis will be too much for him. Might even stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                    Dude look like he will have weight issues vs Prograis
                    Indeed. He looked drained ... and seem to run out of gas at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X