Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Crawford, Wilder-Fury II, Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Crawford, Wilder-Fury II, Garcia

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Errol Spence vs. Terence Crawford, the recent performance by Mikey Garcia, Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan, Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury rematch, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Outstanding read.....there is just a serious and glaring difference between real boxing fans who can go back 100+ years of history and recount various champions and contenders and those who are the bandwagon/nationalist fans of today who follow promoters or specific fighters only who just “support our own” while singing soccer songs in a drunken stupor

Comment

I love Breadman! Again, he's spot on! The media and fans sold the idea that Mikey was moving up 2 divisions, and like Bread said, that's not "EXACTLY" true! Mikey had 2 fights @ 140, and I believe both fighters are better than everyone Crawford fought @ 140. Mikey was a Jr. WW Champion just 1 year before he fought Spence Jr.! Size wasn't a factor, it was skills! Spence Jr. is simply a better boxer than Mikey Garcia!

I still love Mikey! He's a great champion in and out the ring! I would hope he would fight Baranchyk @ 140 for the IBF title, but if not Baranchyk, I would like to see him fight Omar Figueroa Jr., or the winner of DSG vs. Granados! Stay Up Champ!

Comment

How anyone can give Wilder credit for anything given his resume and performance when it comes to "deals" is beyond me. He is a prime example of earning NOTHING and wanting all the accolades. A one trick pony that is always making noise like a donkey is embarrassing. US fighters have enough problems with lack of discipline and this guy just can't stfu. He has fought 2 fair fighters his ENTIRE career and don't give me "Fury is the man that beat the man." Ortiz has looked like s h i t for a while and he almost lost that one. Miller would stop Wilder inside the distance. AJ will beat him as well. In a word when I think of Wilder I think SUCKS fits him.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
          How anyone can give Wilder credit for anything given his resume and performance when it comes to "deals" is beyond me. He is a prime example of earning NOTHING and wanting all the accolades. A one trick pony that is always making noise like a donkey is embarrassing. US fighters have enough problems with lack of discipline and this guy just can't stfu. He has fought 2 fair fighters his ENTIRE career and don't give me "Fury is the man that beat the man." Ortiz has looked like s h i t for a while and he almost lost that one. Miller would stop Wilder inside the distance. AJ will beat him as well. In a word when I think of Wilder I think SUCKS fits him.
          I think Bread was giving him credit for his willingness to fight, not his skills as a fighter! He was pointing out that Wilder wanted the rematch with Fury, and he was willing to go Russia for Povetkin, and to the UK for Joshua! Miller does have a good chance of beating Wilder, and I think he has a chance to beat Joshua too! He's a big guy, with fast hands, and a high punch output for a HW! He's a threat for anyone at HW! I definitely will be rooting for him! GO BROOKLYN!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I think Bread was giving him credit for his willingness to fight, not his skills as a fighter! He was pointing out that Wilder wanted the rematch with Fury, and he was willing to go Russia for Povetkin, and to the UK for Joshua! Miller does have a good chance of beating Wilder, and I think he has a chance to beat Joshua too! He's a big guy, with fast hands, and a high punch output for a HW! He's a threat for anyone at HW! I definitely will be rooting for him! GO BROOKLYN!
            Bro when these clown shoes are making comments like “us fighters have a problem with discipline” it really shows you the mindset of the jokers making statements like that

Comment

I would say M. Tyson was better than M. Ali !!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                Lol... Wilders one trick is near perfect and it’s added to atributes like will, atheleticism and range.

Unlike others he is fighting the “best,” and usually winning. If there is one thing Wilder doesn’t have, it’s a Resume problem. You guys have been saying the same thing for so long that you can’t see it no longer has any accuracy today.

Ortiz and Fury are only fair today? Then who is great? Yet everyone else is ducking Ortiz. You just sound silly calling Fury a fair fighter in these boxing times.

Miller would stop Wilder? Stop trying to hype Miller. You may want to worry about Joshua because if the guy who fought Parker shows up, he will get beat on points.

The US has a lack of discipline? Wtf is that lie being told for. The US is producing the most disciplined Fighters... Crawford, M. Garcia, Spence, Wilder, Jacobs, Charlos, J Rock, May-weather, Ward etc... etc... etc... Regardless of skills these guys always show up fight ready. They train their asses off.

When I think of who has shown lack of discipline it would be in bold Tyson Fury, Broner, Ricky Hatton, Amir Khan, J. Kirkland, Tank Davis... Either identify there is no natural discipline issue on either side of the pond or use another word because you just aren’t making sense.

By the way GTFOH and don’t stop till that foul perspective is completely out of the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                  WTF? You are just trying to get a reaction right?

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                    I think Tyson had the potential to eclipse Ali, but he went off the rails at 22/23 and we never saw what he could have grown into. Tyson at age 20 had the speed and movement of a welterweight, but with HW power. Not seeing what Tyson could have accomplished if he maintained discipline theough to his peak remains a tragedy.

Comment

Working...
                    X