Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s amazing how Canelo improved since the Cotto fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's improved no doubt especially defensively, but for me the style of fighter's he's been going against makes it difficult to "accurately" gauge how much he's improved. I need to see him in with more pure boxer's that have quicker feet. He eats sluggers and boxer-puncher types willing to come forward and engage with him for breakfast. If he can do the same thing with Boo Boo I'll be fully bought in to him.

Comment

He’s obviously stronger now, but I haven’t seen much improvement. He’s always been a deadly body puncher, had good head and body defensive movements, but overall he’s the same fighter. Put him out there with a high IQ defensive sharp-shooting counter-puncher and he’ll still struggle to look good and win in spectacular fashion, but luckily for him, there aren’t any of those guys around his weight division at the moment.

Comment

Damn. I just noticed that I have over 18k posts on here. Time flies...

Comment

In the Austin Trout fight in particular I saw Canelo vastly improve his head-movement. And after the Mayweather fight he started to to really punish is opponents for making them miss. It's great to see him improve a bit after every fight. Even the fight two fights he had with GGG showed he still has the ability to adapt. Still waiting on to be a bit lighter on his feet but he doesnt seem to need it since he generates so much power with his stance.

Comment

Working...
          X