Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Yarde on The Brink of Breaking Into The Big Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvlus Marv
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, Frank isn't a good promoter in that sense. Wasnt Brook with Frank for like 7 years and he was still pretty much unknown?
    Yep. Just look at all the ??? that Brook fought for proof at a time when the division was red hot. I'll always know Frank as the guy that managed Eubank Sr to crap fight after crap fight when Sky had Eubank on a 10 fight deal in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• GlassJoey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Didnít this guy say Team Yarde already turned down this fight once.

A tenner on him to beat Yarde returns £170. That alone and just that nagging doubt makes me take that bet.

I hope Iím wrong though. I hope Yarde is a beast but his career so far confuses me.

I wouldnít mind if they werenít trying to position him as a mandatory for Kovalev. I just donít get that. If he did end up there with Kova I canít really fathom how he wouldnít get knocked out. Completely by passing British, Commonwealth and European levels and then taking one on the chin by Kovalev? Doesnít add up
    I picture him waiting for Kov to be 40 before fighting him but somehow gets a vacant WBO title along the way. Hopefully he steps up, I think he should avoid Buatsi though

Leave a comment:

• Sparked_26
    replied
    Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
    I think the KO% means that Reeves doesnít punch hard enough. It amazes me how Frank finds these guys with okay looking records at LHW, never been knocked out and canít punch.

Yarde will look a bit iffy then KO this guy.
    Didnít this guy say Team Yarde already turned down this fight once.

A tenner on him to beat Yarde returns £170. That alone and just that nagging doubt makes me take that bet.

I hope Iím wrong though. I hope Yarde is a beast but his career so far confuses me.

I wouldnít mind if they werenít trying to position him as a mandatory for Kovalev. I just donít get that. If he did end up there with Kova I canít really fathom how he wouldnít get knocked out. Completely by passing British, Commonwealth and European levels and then taking one on the chin by Kovalev? Doesnít add up

Leave a comment:

• Kaspa9t9
    replied
    Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
    Here comes Yarde. Anytime now. Won't be long. Just a couple more bum fights...
    Doesn't surprise me, Frank isn't a good promoter in that sense. Wasnt Brook with Frank for like 7 years and he was still pretty much unknown?

Leave a comment:

• Mick Higgs
    replied
    I may be a rare one , but do actually believe in Yarde. Sadly he's been infected by the WBO UK rep Mr Frank Warren, which will without doubt hold him back. Surly British, European(EBU) & Commonwealth titles need to be achieved before any talk of so called World Championships!!...

Leave a comment:

• GlassJoey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Agreed. Iím tempted to beat against him like I used to David Price. There was just that feeling with Pricey but he had his amateur schooling.

Yarde is likely doing all his learning in the gym because itís debateable about how much heís doing in these fights.

Tunde is just so cautious. Makes me not really trust his ability as a fan.

This Reeves is possibly worth a cheeky tenner
    I think the KO% means that Reeves doesnít punch hard enough. It amazes me how Frank finds these guys with okay looking records at LHW, never been knocked out and canít punch.

Yarde will look a bit iffy then KO this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Sparked_26
    replied
    Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
    Got this feeling Yarde will get beat by someone he's supposed to pick off
    Agreed. Iím tempted to beat against him like I used to David Price. There was just that feeling with Pricey but he had his amateur schooling.

Yarde is likely doing all his learning in the gym because itís debateable about how much heís doing in these fights.

Tunde is just so cautious. Makes me not really trust his ability as a fan.

This Reeves is possibly worth a cheeky tenner

Leave a comment:

• GlassJoey
    replied
    If he wins big he might land the the plumbing contract for the Royal Albert Hall

Leave a comment:

• Marvlus Marv
    replied
    Here comes Yarde. Anytime now. Won't be long. Just a couple more bum fights...

Leave a comment:

• P4Pdunny
    replied
    Got this feeling Yarde will get beat by someone he's supposed to pick off

Leave a comment:

Working...
X