No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic To Make United States Debut In May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic To Make United States Debut In May

Less than two years into his pro career, Filip Hrgovi is already making big moves. The 2016 Olympic Bronze medalist and currently unbeaten rising heavyweight from Croatia has entered-along with promoter Team Sauerland-a co-promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing, it was announced Thursday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Most likely on the Usyk card on May 18th in Chicago. Btw Luis Ortiz is currently the most likely opponent for Usyk on that date despite that he faces Hammer in early March.

Comment

I watched Filip, and he has serious flaws. He carries his left like its asleep and swings it in a wide arc. He's a big heavyweight, but I see him taking a lot of right hands if he doesn't get his left up.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I watched Filip, and he has serious flaws. He carries his left like its asleep and swings it in a wide arc. He's a big heavyweight, but I see him taking a lot of right hands if he doesn't get his left up.
        14 losses in under 100 amateur fights suggests he’s not of the absolute top tier, but should be a good addition to some up and coming heavyweights (Yoka, Kuzmin, Dubois etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          Most likely on the Usyk card on May 18th in Chicago. Btw Luis Ortiz is currently the most likely opponent for Usyk on that date despite that he faces Hammer in early March.
          They're going to have to move that date if it's where Wilder-Fury II lands

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
            14 losses in under 100 amateur fights suggests he’s not of the absolute top tier, but should be a good addition to some up and coming heavyweights (Yoka, Kuzmin, Dubois etc).
            He has the size and athleticism, but bad habits too. Things that can be fixed, style, not so much substance. Improve his left for sure. The HWs aren't that deep.

Comment

Will be nice to see him come to the US, I'm guessing Hearn also plans on him being a big part of Matchroom Germany and maybe Matchroom Italy

Comment

Why fighting in USA, all top fighters in division are from Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                  Then Yoka is top tier, with 25 losses in under 100 amateur fights? Filip was best amateur in World in his time. His 15 amateur losses are mostly due to fights with home fighters, and judges gave victory to home boxer if Hrgovic didn't TKO them in 3 rounds. If there was no robbing from judges, he would have just 5-6 losses, and 3 of them was at age of 16 when he fought older boxers. He lost twice from Dino Mansour who was boxing prospect in range of Felix Savon, but unfortunately Dino quit boxing because he was not interested in that sport. Hrgovic also lost at the age of 16 or 17 from 10 years older Croatian champion at the time. He lost from lot of home boxers in their countries by SD or very close on points, including losses from Yoka and Joyce. When he lost from Yoka on Olympics, it was close fight, but Filip was not in it, he was in fight with his trainer and he was not focused. OK, looks like a lot of excuses but you shouldn't just judge him by his record, which is btw impressive. if you understand that in amateur semi pro league you fight boxers which would all be in top 100 in professionals, and they are much older than you if you are 20-24 years old. Nevertheless, pro boxing is another sport, there is more rounds, and Filip still need to found his pro boxing skills, because he would probably beat almost anybody, including AJ in amateur rules, 3 round etc., but in professionals, you have to be able to take down big punchers and to survive big punches from them. I don't see him as a future champion, but he is top ten. He will get title shot, only I hope it wont be against Wilder. In my opinion, he would easily beat baby miller any time. Sorry for my English, I'm from Croatia.

Comment

Those who like Vitali Klitchko will like Hrgovic , an identical fighter minus as much power. He will cause a lot of problems ,those with height and power with aggression can cause him the most trouble. Hes a tactical punisher that wears you out by constant pot shotting and forcing you to try and beat him in a game of space and ring control in every direction, disguises punches very well and plays the tap punching ,then the boom shot when you least expect it....should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X