Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: I Felt Pascal's Power; Dangerous Even When He Was Hurt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol: I Felt Pascal's Power; Dangerous Even When He Was Hurt

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey Dmitry Bivol was wary of Jean Pascal's power right up until the final bell Saturday night. The unbeaten WBA light heavyweight champion admitted after his unanimous-decision win that he felt the impact of Pascal's punches early in their 12-round, 175-pound title bout and realized he had to careful against the former champion. The 36-year-old Pascal also out-weighed Bivol by seven pounds on Saturday night, according to HBO's unofficial scale.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pascal looked in great shape. I was actually surprised. If his stamina was better fight probably would have been closer. Badou Jack/Adonis Stevenson/ Alvarez all beat Bivol in my opinion

Comment

Pascal knocked out a Cruiserwight 4 moths ago his power is legit. Bivol showed a helluva beard.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Pascal looked in great shape. I was actually surprised. If his stamina was better fight probably would have been closer. Badou Jack/Adonis Stevenson/ Alvarez all beat Bivol in my opinion
        It’s so easy to criticize boxers of different origins especially. No matter how well they perform, there’s always going to be people like you that point out/nitpick the flaws. Dmitry is a up and coming boxing star. The way he’s going he can get all the belts within the next 2 years I believe. He should definitely fight Alvarez next year around this time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Santa_;19296405]Pascal knocked out a Cruiserwight 4 moths ago his power is legit. Bivol showed a helluva beard.

To be honest, Pascal has always had a chin. Only Kovalev has knocked him out. Bivol is a good boxer that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
            It’s so easy to criticize boxers of different origins especially. No matter how well they perform, there’s always going to be people like you that point out/nitpick the flaws. Dmitry is a up and coming boxing star. The way he’s going he can get all the belts within the next 2 years I believe. He should definitely fight Alvarez next year around this time.
            He didn’t even criticize Bivol lol you got butt hurt for no reason

Comment

"I already knew he’s durable, but he’s very tough. He’s tougher than I thought". Thanks for being honest Bivol.

Now let the nitpickers continue their inquest about your performance.

Even though i was rooting for the underdog Pascal, I saw enough to be convinced that Bivol is the class in this division and he needed a fight like this.

Comment

Yeah you would feel Paulie Malignaggi's power too if he had a full weight class (seven pounds) size advantage over you. Pascal was not dangerous, it was Bivol's inexperienced team that MADE Pascal dangerous by only having Bivol rehydrate 6 lbs. It's not Pascal's fault he rehydrated the normal amount in modern boxing, 13 lbs. But Bivol for some reason, like many of these other inexperienced foreign fighters with inexperienced teams (Kovalev, Lomachenko vs Salido, GGG vs Jacobs and Canelo), only rehydrated 6 lbs, so he was the size of a big middleweight in the ring vs Pascal instead of a light heavyweight, and that is why he was in danger all fight. His team really put him at risk with their inexperience, but Bivol overcame it.

They're playing with fire though.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                  He didn’t even criticize Bivol lol you got butt hurt for no reason
                  He’s talking about this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    Pascal knocked out a Cruiserwight 4 moths ago his power is legit. Bivol showed a helluva beard.

Please stop embarrassing yourself bringing Steve Bossé everywhere... That was just a shyt fight....

Comment

Working...
                    X